The Devil is my Mother

The empty beer can was like a beacon calling me towards it. I struck out with a hard kick and sent it tumbling down the stairs. Skipping down after it I came to an abrupt halt as Aaron my secret crush swooped in on his girlfriend to plant a french kiss that drew the cheers of all the in crowd that surrounded them.

I continued on more slowly and this time skirting the crowd. I didn't want to ruffle any feathers like I usually did.

"Miss James?"

I cringed and drew to a halt again. As one the student body became silent as they moved as one to trace the directions of the caller and stare at me.

"Yes,Stuart?" I said recognising my father's new assistant.

"You forgot your book," he muttered uncomfortable by the level of scrutiny trained on us. I could relate havin had to bear the brunt of it more often than not. My whole life infact. I was after all the Devil's daughter.

The stupid cuss.

I flipped my long braided silver blond hair over my shoulder and pretended not to notice every male in and yes, even the females in the room, catch their breath as I reached out to take the goddammed book. Dammed in a very literal sense that is. You see the Devil and I are related. I am by birth one of the blasted damned.

It was a universal miss-conception when they say the Devil was a male. She was most definately female for who else could have birthed so much evil. Who else but my mother? My only regret was that I had come directly from her womb. It was my sole regret and loss of hope. For even if there was a God, I have not caught glimpse of him nor have I any hope of ever having that chance to do so, not when His arch nemesis was my mother. Nope I had no hope at least not in this life time... and considering that my this lifetime, has already spanned a good three thousand years...hope was pure fantasy.

Glancing down at the blasted book, I saw that I was indeed irrevocably one of the cursed ones sentenced to an endless life ...attending high school of all things.

I dumped the rotten calculus book onto the bench top then flashed my violet eyes up at ..Stuart. 

"Thank you. That will be all," I said formally dismissing him, my all too human and extremely gullible Dad's servant. 

I turned my back on the gaping class and went to take my seat. I hated being the new girl at school. Even if I have been that girls a million times already. It still sucked. It has already been two months at Jardine High and it was not getting any better.