Talk

Josephine's POV

I feel like I have so many things to say. Most of them being questions. What is he doing here? Is he happy? Angry? Sad? He isn't showing any visible signs of emotions on his face and he's unreadable.

"Hero?" I say again, the first time he never answered. He blinks at me and breathes out heavily. I shit back and forth on the heel of my foot. A nervous tick.

"We need to sort whatever this is...out." He gestures between me and him with his hand. "What do you mean? There is nothing to sort out." I lie. I know that I'm being arrogant and stubborn but things have changed since we last met and I don't know how to act around him.

"Jo, we both know that there is." He says looking me directly in the eye. I swallow to try and get rid of the dryness in my throat. His eyes are light blue and almost icy under the light but his eyes are burning me and making my skin crawl under his gaze.

"Yeah...I know." I admit to him. "Do you wanna come in?" I ask hoping he doesn't deny me. He nods and steps into the room, shutting the door behind him.

I sit down on the couch and said for him to sit in front of me. He sits down with his fingers intertwined, forearms resting on his knees.

"We have to be together for three months now, filming a movie with multiple sex scenes. We need to put our stuff aside and focus on the movie. We need to start talking again and become...friends? Or something." He says breaking eye contact every now and again.

I can't handle the overwhelming guilt I'm feeling of being in the same room with him. Before I can stop myself, the words spill from my mouth.

"I'm sorry." I feel a huge wave of relief for finally being able to apologise for what I did. I know that it probably means nothing to him, but to me it does. It means more than he or anyone will ever know or understand. I feel like I can move on with my life, that being with hero in it or not.

I've taken a step forward from where I was just seconds ago and I'm happy about it. I finally was able to say what I've wanted to every day since the last night of promo tour.

He looks slightly taken aback but quickly hides it.

"It's fine, shut happens." He smiles softly looking back at me. I hate this, not being able to feel his hands around me when he hugs me. The minty taste of his mouth when he kisses me. The way he makes me feel. I did this to us and I feel like for the rest of my life I'll have that constant reminder.

••••••••

He has a girlfriend. He broke the news to me a few minutes before he left. Everything was going so well and I thought that we could have eventually sorted things out. I'm happy for him, I am. But I'm jealous too, so fucking jealous. I don't even know the girl yet I feel a strong hate towards her for replacing me. I feel like one of those petty girls that are crazy exes.

The room feels empty without the cheerful presence of Hero. We made amends on a lot of things and it felt normal to be with him, laughing and talking about how our lifes have been. Just like old times.

••••••••

I'm late. Extremely, i was meant to go meet Anna downstairs in the lobby over half an hour ago. Hero was probably waiting for me too, he said he would be. The new cast would be here by now, for sure. I'm nervous but excited. I can't be anymore late so I go downstairs in what I fell asleep wearing hoping that nobody bothers to ask why I didn't get changed.

As I walk down the stairs I see Hero in a different room that has an open door talking to Swen and Sam. They was all laughing and Sam was showing the two of them something on his phone. I smiled at the sound of there laughter and continued down onto the next floor where Anna was. I see her talking to Jen and who I guessed was Darren.

"Josephine!" Anna shouted as I walked over to the small group. Darren turned around and smiled at me. I don't know why but I had never been fond of him, from the moment they announced that he would be playing 'fucking trevor' I dreaded the day that I would have to fake flirt with him.

I know that I shouldn't be judging him but by the way he acts on social media he acts much younger and childish for his age. I can't help but cringe whenever I see a photo or video of him.

"Hello Josephine. I'm Darren." He says outstretching his hand.

"Josephine." I lightly shake his hand not wanting to, it feels to formal. He smiles before adding me into the conversation with Anna. She mostly spoke to me more then Darren. She mentioned that she could hear me and Hero talking last night and I feel my face heat up with embarrassment.

Darren buts in, "Hero? Where is he? I would like to meet him." I wanted to laugh. I'm sure that's the last thing Hero wanted. We would make jokes about him way before either of us knew that he was casted. Instead of telling him that or telling him that I don't know where, I smile and tell him which room Hero and the others are in.

Hero can deal with him.

"Josephine..." Anna starts giving me a knowing look. "You barley spoke to words to him. You need to buck up young lady." She says with a sarcastic tone in her voice. I roll my eyes and nod my head knowing that she's right.

"Where are the others?" I ask her. "If you came down in time you would have got to see them, they was jet lagged so Candice and Joseph just went to go sleep for the most of today." She finishes.

"Only a few more days left until filming starts again now." Anna says wrapping one of her short arms around my neck pulling me into her.