Old faces

Josephine's POV

As the car pulled up to the side I tried to get a better view of who was in the backseat. They seemed to have short hair so I ruled out Samuel and Swen. Hero was an option, I hadn't spoken to him recently so I wouldn't know if he decided to grow his hair for the role or decided to cut it again.

I mentally prayed that it was Shane, I had only seen him two weeks ago but that time seemed like a decade. If it was anyone's face that I wanted to see first, it was defiantly his. A man I had never seen before got out of the car and opened my door, I thanked him and climbed into the car. I turned my head to see who I was now sat next to.

My heart leaped but also panged with pain when it wasn't someone else.

"Shane!" I threw what part of my body that I could around him, he pulled a face as we both got cramped into the corner of the car.

"I didn't know you missed me that much." He smirked being sarcastic already, that was one of the many things that made me and Shane such good friends. I had always felt that I sometimes annoyed the rest of the cast because I was more energetic and loud than them, Shane was just as hyper as me though so it felt good to have someone I could act myself around.

I rolled my eyes before pulling away and sitting back up against the seat. It was bigger than me, most things were but it was comfortable despite that. The ride was only around 15 minutes long so I didn't need to do much to occupy myself.

"Hows it been back at home?" Shane asked me moving himself so he was slightly turned towards me.

"It's been good." I smiled at the memory of seeing my family again. I think the hardest goodbye was yesterday, saying bye to fluffy the cat was a very long and dramatic tear filled one. "It's been good seeing my family and friends again." I tell him while gazing out into the window, the busy street and buzz of rushing people on the streets was different from the quiet streets in Perth. Not much happened there.

"How's your mom?" I questioned him, she had recently been ill but after a few days quickly recovered. Shane guessed she had the flu but she argued with him constantly that she was fine, we knew she was down but she wouldn't let anyone know that.

I've met his mother multiple times, she's a very kind woman who gives tons of hugs.

I pick at my thumb, nerves kicking in when the surroundings become familiar and from last year. "You excited?" Shane distracts me. I nod, he sighs knowing that I'm also nerves.

"It's going to be fine." He grabbed my hand. I prayed that he was right. The last thing I needed or anyone needed was spending three months with people who don't get along with each other.

None of the cast have really kept in touch, we don't even know who's going to be a part of the cast. Things was kept hush hush this year. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing yet.

I was told that two of the cast members had left but we haven't been told who yet. I know that Anna knows and Jen but that's it as far as I know.

"You ready?" When I glance up again I see that we are here. I take a deep breath.

Am I ready? I don't think I really have a choice at this point. I force myself to get out of the car and walk towards the hotel that holds many memories, it will also, without a doubt hold a lot of new ones. Hopefully good ones.

We make our way through the entrance, we had one or two complications with the office but Anna's husband quickly came to the rescue. Shane says something to me about going to see the boys, he walks off and I see Swen smiling like usual and Sam waving over at me. Swen looks over and starts waving madly, drawing a lot of attention to himself.

I shake my head and laugh at his antics.

"Jo!" Khadijha shouts from the other side of the large room. She comes skipping over, she wraps her long arms around me and pulls me into a bone crushing hug. I hug her back and she grabs my hand, dragging behind her she pulls me over to Anna.

"Good to see you again, Josephine." Anna beams at me pulling away from a hug. I smile back at her, I drop out of the conversation for a minute to check the time. It's nearly nine now. I look around the room, I can't see innana or Hero in sight. My stomach drops, I have no reason to be like this. I hate myself for feeling this way after so long.

"Hero's asleep in his room." Anna says, almost reading my mind. "He came in just a few hours ago and is jet lagged and tired, he will probably be down within the next hour or so." She explains, khadijha wiggles her brows at me. She knew that something was going on between me and Hero.

"Maybe you guys should talk to each other?" Khadijha says. She's clearly trying to play the matchmaker.

"I agree, I think it would be good. You guys only have three days before filming starts again so it would be good to have a catch-up." Anna knows what happened between me and Hero. She was there the night we broke it off. I swallow back the guilt in my throat.

"Where's Inanna?" I turn to Anna. Khadijha looks at anna too, she mustn't know either.

"She was one of the people who wasn't really needed. She will be on set every now and again but only for like a week over the whole three months." She trails off as Jordan walks over to her and wraps his arm around Anna's waist. She rests her head on his shoulder.

Me and Khad take this as our que to leave.

Written by @rnyhardin on twitter.