Ch.28 Attack Plan

It's the afternoon at the agency. Dazai, Ranpo and I were in the meeting room, looking over the secret documents Poe gave us. We were coming up with a plan to take The Guild down.

"This is some amazing intel." Dazai says as he reads some papers. "It's worth its weight in gold. So how should we use this knowledge to take The Guild done at it's core?"

"Infiltrate with a bomb?" I asked.

"No good." Ranpo answers as he takes a sip of his drink. "Our communications will give us away, and we'll get shot down."

I blink as I stare at the ceiling.

"...Yeah, you're right. How about Kenji from the Gifted Special Operations Division?"

"Nope. Leads to a stalemate in a ground battle, and we'll be fighting overtime." Ranpo replies while eating a donut.

"True..."

"How about Atsushi-kun, then?" Dazai asks.

"It could work, with Light Snow." Ranpo answers.

"True."

Dazai takes one of the papers and folds it into a paper airplane and throws it. I watch it fly around the room as the two continue talking.

"I'll get right now that, then. Do we end in the mountains?"

"At sea."

"Roger. What about Ori-chan?"

"...Hmm... That's up to you. She can be placed with you or you can send her with her brother. Either way are good options."

I watch the plane hit my twin in the head and fall to the ground. It was only then I realized he was standing in the doorway. I smile and give him a wave. He looked like he had no idea what was going on in here.

"Ori-chan."

I look at Dazai.

"What do you want to do?"

"Well...I should go with my brother. There's a 92% chance he'll show up after all. I could distract him while Atsushi goes on with the mission."

"Okay then."

Saying this, Dazai stands.

"After Atsushi-kun and I have our meeting, we need to go, Ori-chan."

"To where?"

"To buy some flowers."

"Why?"

"You know the answer to that."

I sigh.

"Yeah, but I was hoping I was wrong."

I stand and leave the meeting room.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

"Hello Ango, how have you been?" Dazai cheerfully greets.

Right now, we're in the Agency's infirmary where Ango was staying

Right now, we're in the Agency's infirmary where Ango was staying. He's in bed with a broken ankle, a neck brace, and head some bandages around his head. He did not look happy to see us.

"I have some good news today." Dazai continues as he sets the flowers to the side. "We'll treat your injuries at the Agency."

A dark grin made it's way onto my face as I speak.

"Yosano-san will be healing you with her ability."

"And what do you two want in return?" Ango asks as he puts his glasses on.

Dazai takes a seat while I stood next to him.

"Well, one of the detectives in the Agency was captured by the military police."

Dazai told me about that. It was around the time The Guild captured my brother and I. Kyouka came out of hiding and was trying to save my brother. But the police caught her.

"We want to save her before our grand battle with The Guild."

"Ah, the killer of 35. I'm told she's being kept on an unmanned plane used to quarantine dangerous gifteds. The Gifted Special Operations Division could indeed make an extrajudicial plea to grant her immunity. But only if the girl is truly a member of the Agency."

"..."

Dazai was serious as he stares Ango down.

Now that I think about it, she never did take an entrance exam like Atsushi and I did. I guess that doesn't make her a true member.

"Dazai, I accept your offer of treatment in exchange for my cooperation. So tell me something."

Ango was dead serious as he faced Dazai.

"When the unidentified car rammed into us, for some reason my airbag was the only one that didn't deploy. Might you know the reason?"

Dazai just gives him an evil smile. I stand behind him and warp my arms around his neck as I lean in for a hug. I give Ango the same smile as I answer.

"Sorry about that. Dazai-san said I had to be tamed when meeting up with you. But, at the same time, I could have a little fun."

"It was the only other opinion from stopping Ori-chan from killing you."

"Again, thank you."

I kiss Dazai's cheek.

"I can see why he would say you too were meant for each other. It really is true. There's no other woman in the world for you."

"I just care for Ori-chan. She's a close friend after all."

"I have to go now. Tanizaki and Atsushi should be waiting for me in the Agency's car. See you later, Dazai-san. You too, I guess, Ango."

"..."

I let Dazai go and head outside to the people waiting for me. Once in the car, Tanizaki drives us. As he drives, him and Atsushi were talking about Kyouka not being a full member. I was just watching the buildings as we drive by. Then after a minute, I feel my phone buzz.

"..."

I take it out and read my text.

"You're dead, Blood Sucker."

I stare at the text and smirk.

There's only one person who calls me that. Looks like Rai told them where I was after all. Oh well, I knew he wouldn't hide that from them. Especially, the captain. By the sound of this text, sounds like she's still mad at me.

I send the unknow number a text back.

"Can't talk now, She-Devil. Very busy, unlike you."

I turn my phone off as we arrive at our destination.

"The library?" my twin asks.

"Yeah." Tanzania answers. "Let's go."

So the three of us head inside.