Ch.8 That's My Job

"..."

"Shiori?"

"..."

"...Shiori...?"

"..."

"Shiori!"

I snap out of it and face Naomi.

"You don't have to keep watch over the security cameras twenty-four seven. Come eat breakfast with Haruno-san and me."

"I can't." I face the three laptops in front of me again. "I have to watch over the secret tunnels leading to and from the Agency's hidden hideout. I also hacked communications with the Port Mafia. So anything they plan, I'll report it to the director. But, for some reason, I'm having a little trouble breaking through The Guild's communication lines."

"Blah, blah, blah, come on."

She takes my arm and drags me out of the living room.

It's currently the next morning. I'm with Naomi and Haruno at one of Agency's secret houses. It's really lovely. I could probably take a vacation here in the future. That is, if the Port Mafia or The Guild don't destroy it.

Naomi stops once we're in the dinning room. Haruno was smiling at us as she places three sets of plates, filled with food, on the table.

"I'm really not hungry."

"Come on, it's not good to skip meals."

"It's okay. I promise. I was trained to work and not eat for days on end."

"What?! That's horrible!"

"It doesn't really bother me. But trust me when I say I don't need to eat. Now, if you excuse me."

I leave the dinning room and head back to the laptops, that were lined up on the coffee table. I sit on the sofa as I grab one of them. I start typing away, trying to get into The Guild's communication lines.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

It's around 1pm, and I still have no luck.

"Damn." I cursed under my breath. "It's like he coded it himself. ...Wait. What did he used to do if he couldn't get in...?"

I start typing away with almost lightening speed.

"He would build a back door... Got it!"

I find my way into The Guild's communication lines.

"Shiori."

I watch as Naomi and Haruno enter the living room with plates of food.

"They guys, I finally did-"

A beeping sound starts coming from the laptop I just used.

"Crap!"

"What's the matter?" Haruno asks as she sits to my right.

"I'm being kicked out of the network. Someone noticed I got in."

Naomi sits to my left as I type away. I try my best, but after five minutes, I'm kicked back out. The laptop stops beeping as well.

"Dammit."

"...It's okay, Shi-"

"No, it's not." I cut Haruno off. "I have to keep everyone inform... If I can't even do that..."

I grit my teeth as glare at the screen.

"It's fine. Everyone won't be upset." Naomi smiles. "Now, eat."

She shoves a plate of food in my face.

"I'm not taking 'no' for an answer again."

"I have to work." I take the plate a place it on the coffee table. "I have to try to get back in. I shouldn't have never been kicked out in the first place."