Ch.5 Interrogation

I slowly open my eyes to only be greeted by a white ceiling.

"You're awake."'

"Shiori!"

I look to my right to find Dazai sitting in a chair next to my bed. Atsushi was standing next to him. We were in the agency's infirmary. I sit up and face them. 

"You had me worried there." Dazai smiles at me.

I look at my body. I was good as new.

"Yosano-san healed everyone." Atsushi explains.

"I see..."

"Thank you, Shiori."

I tilt my head as I look at my twin.

"For what?"

"Dazai-san told me you called for help when everyone was out cold. If it wasn't for you, we might have bled out. Yosano-san said so."

"...You're wel-"

A sudden pain rushes through my head causing me cut my reply short. I hold my head in my hands.

"Are you okay?" Dazai asks.

"..."

The pain suddenly stops. I let go of my head.

"Yeah...there's someone in here that my brain is trying to warn me about."

"..."

Dazai glances behind him. I look at him.

"What?"

He faces me again.

"Sorry, Ori-chan. We had to bring her in as a hostage."

My eyes wonder over to the person laying in the bed behind Dazai and Atsushi. It was Kouyou. She was healed, but out cold. I glare at her. Sensing my murderous intentions, Dazai holds my knife up to me.

"I'm going to hang onto this. Can't have you doing something you'll regret."

"How is me killing her going to make me regret it? If anything, I'll regret not doing it sooner. She hurt Atsushi."

"You'll regret killing her because you're supposed to be saving people, not hurting them."

"...I understand. Sorry."

Dazai puts my knife in his pocket and pats my head.

"Good."

"Ng..."

Hearing a sound, we all look towards Kouyou. She was beginning to wake up.

Dazai turns his chair so he's facing her. Atsushi turns towards her as well. I stood on the other side of Dazai. Kouyou slowly opens her eyes.

"Hey, Sister." Dazai greets.

Kouyou's eyes widen when she sees Dazai.

"It's been awhile."

"It has indeed been a while, traitor."

Dazai just stares at her with a blank face. Kouyou, on the other hand, looks towards Atsushi.

"Boy, where is Kyouka?"

Atsushi looked a bit angry as he answered.

"She's missing."

Kyouka's missing?

I think about the last thing I saw before I blacked out. Now that I think about it, I never did saw her. I hope she's okay.

"And it's because of you." Atsushi glares at her.

Kouyou grins and starts giggling, provoking him. Pissed, Atsushi activates his ability, turning his right arm into a tiger's. He lunges, ready to attack, while shouting.