Ch.30 No Time For Games

"Akutagawa!"

"Atsushi! Don't-"

Before I could stop him, his ability is already activated as he charges towards Akutagawa. But he simply blocks my twin's fist with a shield created by Rashoumon. The two start to fight.

"Idiots!"

"Ori-chan."

"Yes, Dazai-san?"

"We don't have time for this."

"I know... I have an idea."

Atsushi lands next to me as he jumps back.

"Looks like you've improved your acrobatic skills, weretiger. You're almost a match to that dog you call a sister."

"Why are you here, Akutagawa?" Atsushi questions him.

"To kill you. The both of you."

"Aw~, I love you too." I sarcastically reply. "But, you know you can't kill me. I've always been better than you at everything."

Akutagawa just glares at me.

"Enough, Shiori." Atsushi ordered me.

I blink as I stare at him.

He's never ordered me around before. Let alone, in such a serious tone. It's always been me who ordered him around. This is...new. I guess he's becoming more mature these days?

I listen to my twin as he continues to talk to Akutagawa.

"Don't you understand the situation we're in right now?"

"We may no longer have a place to live."

"...I don't understand you one bit."

"I don't remember ever asking for your understanding."

"Old habits die hard, huh, Mr. Solo? We don't have time to deal with you, attention seeker."

I pull my communicator out of my ear and show it off as I continued.

"On the other side of this line is our precious teacher. You know, the one who favored me over you. He, and I don't know why, wants to talk to you."

That got Akutagawa's attention.

I chucked the piece of tech as far as I could

"Dazai-san!"

Akutagawa chases after the device as I grab my twins' tiger wrist. I pull his communicator out and break it so Akutagawa couldn't talk to Dazai.

"Let's go."

He nods his head, and we leave.

I don't feel bad for tricking Akutagawa like that. But, I wish he would see that Dazai obviously acknowledged him a long time ago.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

Atsushi and I enter Francis' office to find him on the phone, looking out the window.

"It looks like I have guests. I'll call you back. I love you, Zelda."

And with that, he hangs up the phone before addressing us.

"That was a brief farewell, you two. Is this what you're looking for?"

Francis shows us the small device to stop the ship.

"So you're the one guarding the control terminal?" Atsushi asks.

"Here's the first secret to how I got this far."

While explaining, Francis walks to the middle of the room, where there was a chair sitting there. He drops the device onto the seat. And walks back to his spot again.

"The most important part of my job is to not leave anything for others to handle. By the way, do either one of you know how much the Moby Dick weights?"

"It has a total mass of 29,000 tons." I answered. "Dropped from an altitude of two kilometers, it would explode with the force of 140 ton of TNT... Right in the middle of the city."

"Correct."

"No one would all such an atrocity." My twin speaks.

"The second secret to how I got this far is: don't let the values of others affect you. With that said, you and I are both busy. If we have to fight over the control terminal, let's keep it simple."

"Simple? Nothing is ever simple with you." I glare.

"Shh, the humans are talking."

That comment pissed me off.

"Anyway, we'll both run towards it on the count of three. The first of us to take it is the winner. If you win, you can do as you like with the Moby Dick. But if I win, you and your sister will serve me in helping with my search. One..."

Francis starts counting. I look towards my brother to find him thinking.

"Two..."

The look of determination takes over as I figure out what he's thinking.

"Atsushi don't-"

He takes off running towards the remote

He takes off running towards the remote. But right before he could reach it, Francis suddenly appears before him and knees him in the stomach while grinning.

"Three."

Atsushi is sent flying through a wall.

"Atsushi!"

"Secret number three: It's easy to predict the behavior of anyone who's given an opportunity."

Having said this, Francis picks up the remote. He turns towards my brother who was struggling to stand up.

"Oh? You aren't going down with that kick? That's impressive. Very well. 10,000 may have been insulting."

Francis holds up a bunch of checks.

"This is a portion of my securities. There's 100,000 dollars worth. I haven't introduced you to my ability yet, have it? By the look on your face, my pet didn't tell you either. Ability: The Great Fitzgerald."

Francis activates his ability while throwing the checks in the air. They started to glow as they scattered around him. An second later, Francis himself, was engulfed in a blinding yellow light. My brother and I shield our eyes from him.

"Get ready Atsushi."

My twin looks at me.

"This isn't a game anymore."