Ch.23 The Creature Within

"I'd expect no less from The Guild!"

Dazai was suddenly standing on Chuuya, stomping his head into the ground.

"What amazing resilience!"

"Get off me!"

Dazai steps off of Chuuya and I help him up. We watched as Lovecraft gets ready to attack.

"He's coming." Chuuya warns us.

"Ori-chan, care to tell us about his ability?"

"Um, well... The thing is, I don't completely understand his ability any more than you two do. He never really used it around me. So your guess is as good as mine. Sorry."

"Wait. You were with The Guild...? Actually, never mind. It's fine. So, what do we do, Dazai?"

"What do you mean? Bring on any gift, and I'll take care of it with a touch of my finger."

"Shiori!"

Chuuya grabs my head and pushes me down towards the ground as he dodges

Chuuya grabs my head and pushes me down towards the ground as he dodges. Lovecraft's tentacle flies over us and strikes Dazai. He goes flying into a nearby tree.

"Dazai-san!"

Another tentacle heads for Chuuya and I. But he punches it, using his ability. The tentacle disintegrates as Chuuya and I head rush to Dazai's side.

"Dazai!"

"Dazai-san!"

He struggles to stand up as we reach him.

"Are you all right?" Chuuya asks.

I help him properly stand on his feet as he grins at us. His face was bloody and scratched up pretty bad.

"You're hurt pretty badly."

"Those tentacles sure are strange. I couldn't disable them."

"No way."

Chuuya turns to find Lovecraft slowly making his way over towards us. I, on the other hand, hit Dazai in the head.

"Ow~, Ori-chan."

"I understand you were waiting for him to touch you so you can nullify his ability. But...don't you ever do that again! I don't want you hurt!"

"...Sorry..."

I just hug his good arm tightly.

"You really can't nullify his ability?" Chuuya asks with disbelief in his voice.

"There are no exceptions to my disabling ability. There's only one possibility. It's not a gift."

"Seriously? That's hilarious, man. If it's not a gift, then what is it?"

"...Let's do things the old way. How about Operation Shame and Toad?"

"What is this, Rain Beyond the Window? It's more like the Lie of the Fake Flowers."