Ch.20 Clash

"We settle our accounts here and now."

Alarmed by the director's words, Gin and Tachihara start to charge in. But the director swung his katana, knocking them out of the way while also destroying their weapons. Once the path was cleared, he headed right towards Mori.

He swung his blade once more, but Mori simply jumped over him and out of the way. Seeing an opening, Mori pulled out his scalpel and aimed for the director. Kneeling down, the director stops his blade behind him, against Mori's neck. Both of their movements halt when each sharp object was dangerously close to the other's neck.

"I thought you had discarded your katana...Kokenshi Ginro Fukuzawa." Mori says with a crazy smile.

The director simply looks back at him from the corner of this eye.

"And you still haven't grown past your habit of killing people with a scalpel, Doctor Mori. You still think like a little girl."

"Do you still talk to cats?"

The director's body suddenly disappears as it begins to snow. Mori simply looks behind him to find the director standing next to Tanizaki.

"A hologram ability. Well, that was an enjoyable meeting. Let us continue it on the battlefield."

Having said this, Mori turns towards his men and begins walking towards them. He only stops when the director speaks up.

"The Agency will be recovering Q tonight."

"And?"

"Don't get in our way tonight. For the sake of both of us."

"Why?"

"Because that's our sole similarity: ...That we love this city. As people of this city, as organizations that work to protect it, we cannot allow foreign gifted to raze it."

"The Guild is powerful. The Agency doesn't stand a chance."

Mori then turns towards us with a big happy smile

"Anyway, that's all from me. Dazai-kun, the offer still stands for you to return to the executive team."

"What...? Offer? When did that happen?" I look towards Dazai.

Dazai simply smiles as he looks towards Mori while addressing me.

"The reason I wasn't at the train stop right away was because I was dealing with some dogs. They kept barking about me returning to the Port Mafia."

"...You didn't think to tell me about it?"

"Sorry, Ori-chan. I forgot. It won't happen next time."

I look from Dazai to the ground. I was disappointed.

"As for you, Mori-san. No way. You're the one who kicked Ori-chan and I out of the Port Mafia in the first place."

That statement confused Mori a bit.