✔30

Before you read this chapter..please read this: To everyone that has been voting, commenting, viewing and everything I'm saying a big thank you.

We made it to 1k+ votessssssss
3k reads and 212 comments! TYSM!

Oh and one more thing. I heard Cameron Boyce is dead. The guy from Jessie aka Luke. And from Descendants aka Carlos. Let's use this opportunity to have a moment of silence in honour of his death. He was a part of my childhood and early pre-teen years.

Don't cry don't cry 😢😭😭😭

-------------

"That's her! That's my sister! That's Yinka" I said standing up. Happy tears left my eyes as I kept jumping up and thanking God.

"I said it! She couldn't be dead. Oh My! Thank you Jesus! God! let's meet her! What are y'all waiting for?"

"Yemisi" dad called making me stop. I turned around and looked at him in question. "There's a problem" He said.

"No there isn't! We've found her! Let's get her" I argued I turned and ran upstairs. I changed into an off shoulder sky blue top and slipped on skinny jeans. I finished up my look with a pair of black converse.

I picked up my phone from the bed and quickly sprayed one of my best perfumes. I raced back downstairs only to see them still seated. "Mum, Dad? Let's go" I said.

Mum sighed and I saw tears prick at the corner of her eyes. "Sweetie. Your sister had her memory w-w-wiped out"

It felt as if a cold bucket of water had been poured on me. I couldn't believe my ears. I hit the side of my head to remove whatever was blocking my ear.

"Pardon?" I asked.  Mum burst into tears as she kept banging the table. Dad hugged her, stroking her head while he muttered soothing words to her and I just stood there frozen.

When you're not Anna.

Oh stop it! Its not the time for dry jokes.

"It's not true." I whispered weakly "She still remembers me. The games we  used to play...Together. When we used to go shopping...Together. How we always stood up for each other. How we always used to play Harry Potter. Where she was Harry and I was Ron. No . no. She must be able to remember me. At least one bit"

"I'm afraid not miss" The head investigator said. "According to our researches. and reports. The man taking care of Miss Rita--"

"Yinka" I forced out.

"My apologies. Yinka. Said he found her in the bushes passed out. And by the time medical supports came into the picture..she had forgotten everything. She even forgot her name. She kept saying that she was Rita Matthews"

My mum even cried more.

I didn't know what else to do so I turned and ran out of the house. Out out out. I kept running. Even when I was out of breath, I didn't stop running.

I finally got to an open place. I sat under one of the trees and brought my knees up to my chest. I cried till I couldn't cry anymore.

Just one mistake. And this is what happened.

I wish I stayed and not run away.

Flash Back

MARCH 2ND 2018
7:00 PM

"Dad's birthday is next week" I said finishing my drink before throwing it's empty bottle in the nearest dust bin. I untied the nylon containing two sausages. "Mmh. I think we should quickly get him a gift, maybe at ICM (IKEJA CITY MALL)" she said.

"Don't you think it's late? We might get home like around eight, plus the place is quite far and Nigerian streets are dangerous at night... According to mom" I disagreed. She shrugged adjusting her sling bag, zipping it up.

"Not dangerous to me besides, God will protect us. Nothing can go wrong."

"Oh well, but I think we should still be careful, we can't go around saying God would protect us and then we ain't gonna do anything"

"Nevaeh, you gotta play it cool, we ain't gonna have time tomorrow. School stuff is resuming."

"Okay then. Whatever you say twinzy." She grinned at me and I returned it.

We got an Uber and went to ICM. Once we were done, we started heading back, we decided to walk to the nearest bus stop and get a bus from there back home.

We got to the bus stop, waiting for a taxi, talking  when a car pulled over, the front glass window was wined down and a man stretched out his hand, a 'gun in it. He pointed it at us, mainly my sister. I guess he was debating on whether to kill me or both of us.

We were both scared, I expected her to start running, just as I wanted to, but she stood frozen to the ground. she started breathing heavily. She had a panic attack. She had it once in a while when she misses her medication for that week. And unfortunately, she didn't take it on sunday.

My mind flew back to present as I watched her shake in fear. The man adjusted his hand, ready to pull the trigger.

I screamed her name but she didn't answer. I tried grabbing her but the man growled at me. Sending me a warning glare. Finally I ran away. The last thing I heard was a 'gun shot' and a scream. She was probably dead. Or bleeding. I heard the car screech and drive away.

I ran home and alerted my parents. We called for police but they came about an hour later. It was already late. I knew she was probably gone by now.

We drove to the area and saw blood on the floor. My sister was dead! She was gone! I'd never ever see her again. I broke into multiple sobs, unable to comport myself. Nothing broke me more than the fact that my sister, my TWIN sister, was gone.

Had it been that I stood my ground, when we were contemplating on whether to go or not. Had it been that God helped us. And protected us. But he didn't. And it was my fault. I put my trust in him.

It haunted me for nights, days, months, weeks. I couldn't sleep well. I kept imagining how she died. I imagined blood gushing out of her sides and mouth, I imagined her screaming in pain as she choked on her blood. I imagined her ghost haunting me for not being with her. For not being able to save her. For being a COWARD when it came to her affairs. For not able to die with her.

Flash back over.

I snapped back into reality but felt numb. I just stared.  I stared at nothing in particular. I just stared.

------

And her nightmares are back 😭

Ya'll incase you just forgot small, let me remind you... Yinka IS ALIVEEE 🕺🏻

but of course with memory loss 😔💔

vote.comment.follow