✔4

Daniel wasn't as bad as I thought he was, though he still acted annoying..I think that's just his nature and nothing can change it. 

His relationship with me was getting on little by little, unlike the investigation of my sister's mysterious death.

The police weren't going to investigate. I mean she died here in Nigeria, in their country so why won't they investigate?! It pissed me off badly. 

They hadn't even called me to testify at the grand jury. No one wanted to listen to the side of my story, no one wanted to ask about the looks of the person who killed her or rather, pointed the gun at us.

I knew how he looked, I had drawn a portrait of him and it was there in my sister's room. I had told the police about it but they didn't want to see it.

I knew that somehow I acted as a bad sister, a COWARD, because after the person had pointed the gun I ran away, hearing a loud bang from behind. I ran home to report the incident but by the time we got the police, it was too late, we couldn't find my sister there, and there was blood all over the place.

I remember vividly...It was last year, early March...

**FLASH BACK**
MARCH 2ND 2018
7:00 PM

"Dad's birthday is next week" I said finishing my drink before throwing it's empty bottle in the nearest dust bin. I untied the nylon containing two sausages. "Mmh. I think we should quickly get him a gift, maybe at ICM (IKEJA CITY MALL)" she said.

"Don't you think it's late? We might get home like around eight, plus the place is quite far and Nigerian streets are dangerous at night... According to mom" I disagreed. She shrugged adjusting her sling bag, zipping it up.

"Not dangerous to me besides, God will protect us. Nothing can go wrong."

"Oh well, but I think we should still be careful, we can't go around saying God would protect us and then we ain't gonna do anything"

"Nevaeh, you gotta play it cool, we ain't gonna have time tomorrow. School stuff is resuming."

"Okay then. Whatever you say twinzy." She grinned at me and I returned it.

We got an Uber and went to ICM. Once we were done, we started heading back, we decided to walk to the nearest bus stop and get a bus from there back home.

We got to the bus stop, waiting for a taxi, talking  when a car pulled over, the front glass window was wined down and a man stretched out his hand, a 'gun in it. He pointed it at us, mainly my sister. I guess he was debating on whether to kill me or both of us.

We were both scared, I expected her to start running, just as I wanted to, but she stood frozen to the ground. she started breathing heavily. She had a panic attack. She had it once in a while when she misses her medication for that week. And unfortunately, she didn't take it on sunday.

Which is today! I never even realized that her panic attacks could come easily and quick.

My mind flew back to present as I watched her shake in fear. The man adjusted his hand, ready to pull the trigger.

I screamed her name but she didn't answer. I tried grabbing her but the man growled at me. Sending me a warning glare.

Finally I ran away. The last thing I heard was a 'gun shot' and a scream. She was probably dead. Or bleeding. I heard the car screech and drive away.

I ran home and alerted my parents. We called for police but they came about an hour later. It was already late. I knew she was probably gone by now.

We drove to the area and saw blood on the floor. My sister was dead! She was gone! I'd never ever see her again. I broke into multiple sobs, unable to comport myself. Nothing broke me more than the fact that my sister, my TWIN sister, was gone.

Had it been that I stood my ground, when we were contemplating on whether to go or not. Had it been that God helped us. And protected us. But he didn't. And it was my fault. I put my trust in him.

It haunted me for nights, days, months, weeks. I couldn't sleep well. I kept imagining how she died. I imagined blood gushing out of her sides and mouth, I imagined her screaming in pain as she choked on her blood.

I imagined her ghost haunting me for not being with her. (And even if it sounds really weird, i did imagine her ghost) For not being able to save her. For being a COWARD when it came to her affairs. For not able to die with her.

*FLASH BACK OVER*

****

So now that we know a little bit of background information on Yemisi, are we going to reduce the judgement we're lashing out on her?? No? I--anyways chile soo ✨😂

How was the chapter?? 

Random fact: I realized everyone kept saying something like this: Egungun be careful na express you dey go, and I don't get 😂😭 

Like I know, where to say it. but i don't know where it originated or what like...Okay at this point i'm saying nonsense 😭😭

                    Vote ✨ Comment ✨ Share 

stay blessed 💖