44

THE HIMALAYAS, LEAGUE OF SHADOWS TEMPLE
Drake Lance

Nyssa opens the door to the temple and I walk in seeing all the assassins training. They stop training and turn towards me starring at me. This is my future. "Resume your training." Nyssa shouts and they continue to fight each other. We walk around them as they continue to train, and I follow Nyssa as she knows the way.

"So when do we start?" I ask Nyssa wanting to begin my training and get this over with. The sooner I'm done, the faster I can save my city. Which means the faster I can beat the shit out of Joe for stealing my city from me.

"How about a bed to sleep on?" Silver Siren complains and Sara turns towards him. Sara moves her head gesturing to follow her and Silver does so, as they go a separate path.

"I'll show you to your room." Sara says softly and they both disappear into a hallway. I continue following Nyssa and we get into a courtyard where it begins to snow, and the floor is frozen, covered in snow. I spot a rack of combat weapons and I drop my bags as she grabs on to two bo staffs. Slade does so too, and we both take our jackets off feeling the freezing cold hit our skin.

"Your past sensei, who was a former assassin taught you to burry your guilt with anger." Nyssa says as she tosses the staff towards me going to train me first. Slade moves to the side knowing his place and begins to take a look. "I will teach you to confront it, and face the truth. You know how to fight six men, I will teach you how to engage 600. You know how to disappear, I can teach you how to become truly invisible. I will teach you the ways to become the chosen for the dragon." Nyssa says and we begin sparring. Nyssa moves fast, swiftly, landing every move accurately. I fail to do the same as she makes me feel like an amateur fighter, I've never been out fought like this.

I've been trained by the best, taken down the hardest people ever. Nyssa is faster and more accurate than anyone I've ever fought. I continue to spar Nyssa trying to read her moves but they're unpredictable.

OVER THE MONTHS

We continue to fight together, this time in the spring, where the flowers and trees begin to bloom. Nyssa takes me and Slade in a sparring, and she's not showing any sign of pain neither mercy. I manage to get a hit on Nyssa, as I move the same pace as her, reading her moves better than before. I land my hits and tricks on her, and she's beginning to look like the amateur herself. As soon as I get cocky, Nyssa takes me down and I slam down on the floor.

I pull myself out, watching Slade take Nyssa down himself as they fight with bo staffs and Slade doesn't give up either. I hear a snicker from a far and turn around to see Silver Siren watching from the shadow, leaning on a pillar. He's dressed in The League of Assassins uniform once again and I get up smiling back at him. Silver gives me a cold gaze and I walk towards him as he stays in his position.

"Long time no see." I say to him as I spot a couple of bruises on his face. Trying to talk to Silver Siren in the temple has been difficult. I've been training everyday, preparing myself with Nyssa while Silver has been rumored to be doing work for League of Shadows. He's been spying, gathering intel for us about the other half of the League. "Where you been?" I ask and Silver scoffs as I see him enjoying his time.

"Am I supposed to stay here and watch you get beat up everyday to be chosen by a scary dragon?" Silver mocks me and I'm easier with him, as he's become more easier to talk to. I can't tell if he's faking it, but this friendship has grown. He's become a twin brother I've never had, but many people think he's expendable which is the reason why he's risking his life for the intel. Nobody trusts him except me.

"Didn't expect you'd find work here so easy." I hint at his secret suicide missions and he knows it already. He knows what people think about him and it must hurt to have the whole world against you, I know what that feels like.