46

HIMALAYAS, DRAGON CAVE ENTRANCE
Drake Lance

Slade and I follow Sara and Nyssa to the entrance of the path as me and Slade wear big thick jackets covering our vigilante uniforms and weapons. and they stop at the gate that leads 20ft into the giant opening of the cave. "You're both on your own now from here." Nyssa speaks up as she turns towards us and I nod as I'm ready.

Before I walk through the gate I turn around looking at Sara. I smile lightly at Sara and she nods at me knowing I'll do good. "Try to come back in one piece please." Sara tells me and I give back a reassuring smirk.

"C'mon." Slade rushes me and I follow him through the gate. We walk into the cave and we use our senses to guide us through the simple straightforward cave filled with a stream of water. I walk besides Slade as the path seems easy and as I think that I begin to see the light gleaming from a far.

"That's where we have to go." I tell Slade the obvious and he nods as we both begin walking towards our goal. When we reach the other side of the cave, we walk through the foggy opening to find the realm Nyssa was talking about. Pink skies, purple soil and a giant mountain that looks hike-able. We both walk towards the mountain crossing the purple soil to get to it.

__________

Slade and I walk up to the top of the mountain as we've gone through great lengths to get this far and none of us are going to give up. "I bet Joe didn't have to climb a mountain." I make a joke as I catch my breath being exhausted from the hike.

"Yeah well that's what money buys you." Slade says as he's exhausted too and I begin to catch my breath again.

"Whatever." I say annoyed and then I hear something behind me.

"Welcome." I hear a familiar male voice echo and Slade and I both turn around taking out our weapons. Slade whips out his blade and I take out two electric batons. As we look towards where the voice comes from, I see someone with a cloak hide in the shadows as the cloak moves with the wind as if it were a ghost.

"Drake Lance. Son of Quentin, and bearer of the Phoenix." The deep voice echoes and I can't figure it out why it sounds so familiar to me. "Slade Wilson. Son of John."

"Who are you?" I ask as we both walk towards the cloaked person.

"Consider me a guide to you and to all who seek the Blade of the Dragon." The voice echoes again through the mountain and I keep my eyes on it as I can't make anything out from the shadow he hides in.

"Oh good, you tell us where it is and we'll be on our way." I tell him wanting answers immediately.

"Oh Drake, if only it were that easy." The cloak says as he walks out of the shadow and as he does Slade and I begin to see his face. The face that brings hurts me to see.

"Shado?" Slade says confused as he sees her while I see a man.

"David?" I ask confused as the this magical being is taking form of two different people at the same time. It's in our head. Nyssa never said anything about this deity, she was very vague with the objectives.

The cloaked David walks through the mountain, and Slade and I follow it into a courtyard of ancient pillars with the edge of a cliff in front of it. "What you seek lies in front of you, as does what you fear." I walk towards the edge of the cliff looking down as we're 50 stories high. "In order to gain the blade, you must lose that what you love. An everlasting exchange." David's voice echoes and I can't believe Nyssa set us up like this. I begin to realize that the training she had given us was to fight each other, not fight the dragon. Shado/David is the Dragon.