17

Apartment
Drake Lance

I wake up in my couch not remembering how I got here or what happened before. I look over at the bright Christmas tree and it makes my eyes sore. I drank too much, and my meta-cells is good at rejecting alcohol. I slowly rise up with a headache and hear a child laughing. I then hear a deeper and more older laugh of someone else in the house and I turn around to see Slade and Will running into the living room.

They both hold a Green Arrow and my older sister's Black Canary toy. They both battle each other with the toys and I watch them play together. They don't see me as I watch them closely and see how comfortable Slade is with Will. I observe them both and Will looks like he is enjoying himself as he plays as Green Arrow and Slade being Laurel's Black Canary. I make a small creak when moving on the couch a little bit and Slade quickly turns his head and looks at me.

"You're awake!" Slade says with a happy tone and Will turns to me too and runs to me happy. Slade watches Will run to me and I open my arms letting him run to me.

"Drake!" Will shouts and jumps on to me and hugs me tight. "I'm glad you're okay." He says and I begin to remember what happened to me yesterday. I hug Will tightly and realize that he must be as scared as I am to lose him.

"I'm glad that you are too." I say holding on to him and look at Slade as he looks worried about me but gives me a smile. Will lets go of me and as he does I hear a timer go off and look over to see the kitchen with pots and seasonings laid out. The dinner table is all set up with silverware, plates, and wine glasses. I begin to get confused and look outside to see it dark still, I then look at the time to see that it is 6 pm.

"You woke up right on time, dinner is ready." Slade says and quickly walks over to the kitchen and Will follows. "Grab the plates mate will yah?" Slade says and I watch Will run to grab three plates and lay it out on to the counter. I walk over to the kitchen island slowly and watch them behave with each other.

Slade opens the cover of a pot and gets a clean wooden spoon and stirs it. The steam rises and Will hands Slade a plate waiting to be served. Slade serves Will a small portion of spaghetti and Will looks at it confused as Slade is only teasing him. "What? You wanted more?" Slade says chuckling and then serves Will more with 3 added on meatballs.

"Thanks Slade, you're the coolest!" Will responds back and walks to the dinner table taking a seat waiting for us as he pours himself a cup of juice. Slade looks at me and then turns away as I take my distance and cross my arms being worried with what is happening outside this apartment. I turn around as well and stare at the windows as I begin to remember what happened. I saw Ollie as the Ghost Archer, I abandoned my team, I got so drunk that I can't even remember how I got home.

I close my eyes tight and take a deep breath. I remember the exact moment I flipped The Ghost Archer over me throwing him to the ground. I grabbed his mask and it fell out, and when he got up, it was him. Ollie didn't recognize but I did, I recognized all those facial scars from his time on the island. Those scars can't just be placed on there like detailed paint. There's no way he could be from another earth, the other Olivers are dead or are nazi soldiers.

"I wish we had more time-" I hear his voice echo in my head and a tear slips out from my closed eyes. I see his hand drop the ring he never got the chance to give to me on to the palm of my hand. I was confused as to why he would do something like that, I couldn't speak or hear, I didn't get the chance to say goodbye. I never got the chance to tell him how much I loved him. I looked up at him to stare at me with sadness and hope, and then he said "... I love you." He ran off to the plane that never came back with the bomb.

I open my eyes and grab on to the necklace with Ollie's ring on it and hold it tight in my hands. "You want some Drake?" Slade breaks me from my thoughts and I turn around quickly seeing him hold two filled plates with spaghetti and meatballs. I wipe my eyes with my hands and Slade walks to the dinner table and I follow along. We all sit down together and begin to eat like a family. We have a normal conversation about Will's academic and school life and talk about our life before we became who we are today.