49

MIDTOWN STAR CITY
Drake Lance / Black Canary

Ollie and I jump off the container when the truck stops, and quickly hide inside a building. We both watch Joe and his mercenary men take out the Q-core. The truck drives away and Joe stays behind alone as he begins to activate the bomb. Joe doesn't notice it and Ollie looks at the bomb feeling guilty.

"This isn't your fault." I tell him as I lay my hand on his shoulder. I know Ollie too well, and I know him well enough to know that he's blaming himself about everything in his head. That's what makes us alike and together we deal with it.

"I know." Ollie agrees as he looks back at me. "But I just can't help to think that I helped him in this."

"Then let's do something about it." I say as I walk out of the building first and Ollie follows with his bow and arrow armed. He aims it up at Joe as we watch him set the bomb still, and I make sure I step loudly so that he can notice me. "Hey asshat." I yell and Joe stops working on the bomb as he turns around towards me and Ollie.

"Nice of you to join the party." Joe says sarcastically as he walks towards me and he takes out his blade. "But I think I'm gonna have to disinvite you both." Joe swings his blade around and I take my Dragon blade out as it begins to glow in its green aura.

"You're a disgrace to your father's legacy." I say as I walk towards him and we begin to walk in circles. A giant mercenary approaches Ollie and Ollie looks at the giant not intimated at all.

"My father was pathetic to love you." He says and he's wrong, Slade became better when we were together. Slade was a better man than I ever could've imagined, if only the world could see that. If only someone else could've brought that out of him.

"You're wrong. He was the happiest man and you knew that." I tell Joe and Joe scoffs as he makes me sound ridiculous. He gets angry and quickly brings down his blade towards me and we begin to battle. Our blades hit each other multiple times and I am stronger than him.

I think about Slade and I think about that this is for him. I am here because of him! Joe stops and he takes a breather as I won't kill him. That's not justice, and I can control myself now. Joe spits out saliva and he continues to breathe hard, taking sharp breaths.

"Your father would be ashamed of you." I say and Joe gets triggered. I hear Ollie fighting the giant mercenary hand-to-hand and I can tell he's struggling.

"AAAGHHHH." Joe shouts and he quickly runs towards me going for an attack. Joe moves his blade getting angry as his attacks are out of pure rage. I dodge his attacks as I won't counter them, he'll waste his energy like this giving me the upper hand. When I find a chance, I quickly slash my blade on Joe's and his blade breaks in half. I swing a kick to his face and then kick him down to the ground.

"You're done Joe. Give up." I say walking towards Joe as he lays on the ground. "There's no running away from this."

"I'm unstoppable." Joe says as he takes out a button from his armor and he presses it. I look at the Q-core as the giant timer goes off. 3 minutes. "You can't stop it from happening. It's unhackable." Joe says and he's right, Felicity designed that way.

"Asshole!" I shout and quickly punch him his pretty face knocking him out cold. Ollie takes down the mercenary giant and I quickly walk towards the Q-core as it's now an unstoppable activated bomb ready to go off. Ollie runs up to the bomb too seeing the timer ticking down to 2 minutes and there's no way to stop it.

"No airplane this time." I tell Ollie as a joke but now isn't the time for jokes. Ollie looks at me seriously but then chuckles as he can't help himself.