7

HALL OF JUSTICE
Bruce Wayne / Batman

I stand in the meeting room staring out the window of the yard as the sun rises for the morning. The League is around the world saving it. Diana is handling her own Goddess business. Clark is in Metropolis as always. Drake is in who knows where. He never checks in with the League on his whereabouts. He's hard to track, harder to bring him in.

I walk away from the window and walk towards the big circle table and the door to the room opens. I hear clicking of boots and look at the door to see Drake. Speaking of which.

"Hey." He says softly as he leans against the wall starring at me in my Batman costume as he is dressed in something new. Not his usual leather jacket. Instead he wears a grey turtle neck, a black long wool coat with a black beret placed over his new platinum silver hair.

"You look different." I say noticing him and walk away not wanting to draw any attention to him. The photo of Oliver and him from Russia was not easy to find, but it was more of a gesture of peace to him. To make him be a bigger piece in the main league.

"Thanks for the picture." He says speaking up and then walks towards me. I turn around and stare at him as he looks like he's having a hard time. He brushes his hair fixing it but I notice something unusual about his hands. He's not wearing the ring, whether its on a necklace or hand, he's not wearing it at all.

"You must miss him?" I say knowing how he feels about Oliver. Loosing someone like that, it destroys you. I remember how damaged and dark he was when Diana brought him in. He's still healing.

"I don't think you know what it's like to loose your entire world and search for it to only know it's gone forever." He says and as he talks I notice a slight accent in his speech. I never noticed it before, I don't know how it crossed me.

"Trust me... I know..." I say to get him to talk more as this begins to get suspicious to me.

"When Oliver left. I didn't know what to do with my life. I sang, and did things I never thought I would do..." He says and I catch the accent as it's a small Russian accent. The accent is tiny, not many people would've noticed it. Drake was born and raised in Star City, it would be a joke for him to know fluent Russian and come back with an accent.

"Things like what?" I ask him and stare at him figuring things out now. This isn't Drake Lance, this is an imposter. "Pretending to be somebody you're not?" I say being offensive with my words knowing I could take this imposter down, unless he's as good as Drake.

The imposter chuckles and smiles at me. He walks towards me crossing his legs as he walks like a supermodel on a runway. "They told me you were good. I'm impressed." He says with a very low husky voice as he attempts to seduce me with it. I quickly take a batarang out and throw it at him and he quickly screams.

"AAAAAIEEEEEEEEEEE." He screams and the batarang shatters and I fly off against the wall. The scream, it's different. He walks towards me and takes out a kunai from his sleeve and throws it at me and it hits me in my shoulder.

"I can't believe you really fell for that Mr.Wayne." He says with his accent more thicker but still soft. I struggle to take the kunai out of my shoulder and the imposter walks towards me. "Here let me help you." He says and rips the knife out of my shoulder and throws it away. "Don't worry, it didn't just stab you, it poisoned you." He says with a smile and he's psychotic.