Chapter 10 : A Heart is Home

Third Person POV-

Hope invites a few close friends over the next year for a birthday sleepover. The night before, her and her friends staying up late telling the stories about her special birthday presents. Her friends know about Hopes abilities as they are also witches and wolves, so they were not surprised when Hope runs to the door, excited and shouting that the angel would be delivering her gift soon.

The beautiful decorative pink box is delivered promptly on time as usual, and Hope gathers her friends around to see what is inside with the family looking on at the scene.

Klaus is beginning to let his princess open them herself as he slowly started to trust the sender over the years and know that they would not harm her.

Hope pulls out a beautiful golden necklace with a heart locket pendant with 'My heart belongs to Daddy' inscription engraved on the back and and infinity symbol made of tiny, intricate diamonds that reminded Niklaus of the bracelet he gifted his hidden love for her 18th birthday. Klaus noticed that there was also vervain held inside the locket for protection against vampire compulsion.

 Klaus noticed that there was also vervain held inside the locket for protection against vampire compulsion

He isn't the only one who smells the substance

"Why would they send vervain in her necklace? I would never take advantage or harm your daughter and the other vampires wouldn't dare go near her!" Marcel jumps in quickly, hurt and offended over the accusations the gift made.

"Calm down Marcel, we do go outside New Orleans for day trips where we bump into vampires. It's a good idea to protect her from the others that do not know of her existence, especially when she is older. I bet whomever sent it did not mean to upset or accuse you and the others I'm sure." Rebekah tries to calm and soothe Marcel to make him see reason, which he eventually did after understanding Rebekah's point of view.

Klaus read the letter out loud to Hope, who tucked herself into his lap after he placed the necklace on her.

Miss Hope Mikaelson,

"Fathers: Be your daughter's 1st love. Open doors for her, pull her seat out and talk to/treat her with the utmost respect. Set expectations on how a man should treat a lady, and she'll never settle for anything less."

-Unknown.

"Dear daddy, I may find a prince someday, but you will always be my King."

-Unknown.

"One of my greatest gifts I've ever gotten came from God. I call him daddy."

-Unknown.

Family is very important to keep close to your heart as the three Mikaelson musketeers will say.....

"Always & Forever"

All my love.

Everyone is shocked that this stranger knows their vow they made a thousand years ago. Hope breaks the silence cause she doesn't understand it in the first place.

"Daddy, do you think you would be able to find my guardian angel? I really want to meet her!" Hope asks Klaus excitedly.

"I don't think I can sweetheart, there is no trace of who it could be magically and we have no idea who it could be either, and without a name we cannot do much," Klaus tries to explain to his daughter.

He does have one person in mind, but he can't fathom the idea of it being her. Why she would send his daughter birthday gifts every year? He also does not want to fill his heart up with hope that it could be her, only to have them crushed if it isn't.