Chapter 21 : Dinner Time Confessions

Third Person POV-

When Hope got off the phone to her Uncle Elijah, telling them to make room on the table for a guest, the trio made their way back to the Mikaelson residence. Caroline sent a quick text to Bonnie to let her know of her whereabouts and that she was safe.

Caroline felt a knot in her stomach tighten with each step she took in the direction of the Abattoir. Her nerves escalated at the thought of having dinner with the Mikaelsons, especially considering their past back in Mystic Falls. She knew Klaus and Kol forgave her and vice versa. She was a teenager back then, trying to keep her friends and self alive from ancient creatures while battling her own demons.

Elijah and the new sister Freya were wild cards. She never interacted with the noble brother when he was in town, Elijah always either trying to kill Klaus or saving his family at the time. With Freya, she only saw in a photo and in person for the first time earlier that day. Kol talked about her whenever they met up and from his stories, her personality seemed to share a few traces of her siblings' so she was a definite wild card.

Rebekah and Hayley, on the other hand, were predictable. They used to dislike her for whatever reasons that weren't clear to her at the time and they held onto that grudge. Caroline just wanted to call it water under the bridge and attempt to get along since she planned to stay for awhile. But, even if that didn't work out, she was sure she could evade them better in New Orleans than Mystic Falls.

Caroline walked behind Hope and Klaus, taking her time to admire him from behind, especially paying attention to the way his jeans looked way too good on him. They led her into their dining room, the smell of food and dessert wafering from the kitchen and the sound of the Mikaelson family conversing in the dining room already.

 They led her into their dining room, the smell of food and dessert wafering from the kitchen and the sound of the Mikaelson family conversing in the dining room already

As she entered the lavish dining room, Hope announced that she was going to be their guest. Caroline tried to ignore Rebekah's snort and Hayley sneering at her presence as Klaus subtly guided her with gentle hand on the small of her back to her seat next to him.

"Oh, it's you," Rebekah muttered between her gritted teeth, unamused by her presence as Hayley giggled alongside her.

"Bekah." Klaus growled lowly, silencing his sister.

She was thankful that Kol sat on the other side of her and Hope across from her so she wouldn't have to directly hear the snide comments Rebekah and Hayley made under their breaths.

Dinner started off awkward to say the least. Elijah and Freya interrogated her throughout appetizers

 Elijah and Freya interrogated her throughout appetizers