Chapter 11 : Paris, Rome, & Tokyo

Third Person POV-

Klaus reflects back over the past few years where Hope never really took off her new jewellery. It gives him some sort of peace knowing that someone out there is invested in keeping his little girl safe and keeping him grounded in a way, making sure he keeps bonding with her and to let him know he was capable of love.

His favourite time of the week was when Hope asks him to teach her how to paint, or when she insists on still having Little Red Riding Hood being read to her while cuddling into him.

It isn't just that.

He enjoys these gifts and letters as they bring the family together in different way. Of course there are fights and squabbles and tantrums over anything and everything, but they are family above all.

Freya and Kol spend a few hours every other evening helping Hope control and practice her magic. Hope sits with Elijah and reads out her poetry to him that she writes herself, or they discuss other works that leave Hope clinging onto each eloquent word that Elijah speaks. Rebekah took her shopping and had girl talks while having their hair and nails done. Kol even takes her to the batting cages once a month to help her focus on fun instead of studies and supernatural drama.

Klaus even tracked down and found his wolf family, thanks to his friendship with Jackson, Vincent and Marcel. They accepted him to the pack with open arms and he takes Hope to see them once a month. He also goes back the night of the full moon to shift with them, that is, if there was no drama at the time.

Hope comes back from the door with her gift box and tears through the packaging.

She pulls out a few books. There are readings on translation and history on France, Italy, and Japan. Hope looks at them, confused as she read the letter out loud.

Miss Hope Mikaelson,

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-Stephen Hawking.

"Every addition to true knowledge is wan addition to human power."

-Horace Mann.

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin.

All my love.

Rebekah practically pounces on Hope to tell her stories of the family's time in France and Italy centuries ago with Kol divulging in a little blood and death stories that kept getting him a smack over the head from Elijah as Freya and Hayley listen on.

The books brought out of the box send a stab of sadness to Klaus' heart at the choice of the places. He remembers wanting to show his love 'Paris, Rome, and Tokyo'. He could almost convince himself that it could be her sending the letters, but he knows better. She would see that him not telling her the news of his impending fatherhood the last time they had seen each other as nothing but betrayal. He would be just another on the long list that had used her and would overshadow any declaration of love.

He still holds onto hope that she will seek him out one day.

And he will wait.

However long it takes.