Chapter 19 : Explanation

Third Person POV-

"Kol gave you the key." Klaus stated after they walked into Caroline's new home.

It wasn't a question.

Caroline kept quiet as she walked into her living room giving him chance to look around, Klaus still following behind dumbfounded.

Her living room was decorated with light, cozy furniture that complimented each other.

The homely sofa were sat opposite with a vase of fresh flowers centred on the coffee table in between the two

The homely sofa were sat opposite with a vase of fresh flowers centred on the coffee table in between the two. The whole room was flooded in light in such a way that was the essence of Caroline.

Beautiful, full of light.

Home.

He sat on the sofa so he could watch Caroline, who opened the corner unit to reveal the elusive alcohol stash each vampire house seemed to contain.

"How long did he know you were sending Hope gifts?" He questioned.

There were so many thoughts stirring in his mind, and he needed answers.

"Hmm, about five years?" She answered while pouring Klaus, who looked like he could down a bottle or two, a drink. "Bonnie and I bumped into him in Athens, a few drunken nights after, he finally coaxed me into confessing."

Klaus cringed, thinking back to the time he'd asked for hers. Another thought crossed his mind and he looked over at the blonde trepidatiously.

"Did you two?" He couldn't finish the sentence, the thought alone making him queasy.

She looked at him confused for a moment before humour and disgust crossed her features.

"Oh God no! Never!" She shook her head vehemently. "However, Bonnie on the other hand," She trailed off with a shrug at the end, leaving the relationship between her friend and Kol hanging for Klaus to come to his own conclusion.

Relief flashed in his eyes quickly before schooling his usual hybrid face back with a look of semi-coldness, releasing a breath he didn't know he held.

"So, how did you find out about Hope?" Klaus asked Caroline timidly, internally cursing himself for acting like a teenage boy.

He is the Hybrid for god sake. There was something that happened to him whenever he was around this woman, this beautiful, blonde vampire who could bring the most powerful man in the world to his knees.

Only her.

Always her.

Well, except the time Silas had got into his head, but it was still in her image, so.

"After you left and promised to never to return," Caroline started, bringing Klaus out of his thoughts. "Tyler found out about what we did in the woods, and if it weren't for Stefan, he would have bit me. Instead he told me about Hayley and what happened to him when he chased after you to New Orleans. He wanted to hurt me, and it worked."