𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕

"ARE you sure you're okay with this, Alyssa? I can easily find a babysitter."

"Harry, I told you that it was fine with me." I try to kiss him but he moves his face away.

"Well, you have all my numbers? And I left a schedule for you so that you'll know what he likes to do. And I'll call probably every hour to check up on him."

"Harry..."

He pulls out his wallet. "And here's some money just in case."

"Stop it." I grab the front of his shirt. "Pull yourself together."

"You're right." He sighs. "I'm unnecessarily freaking out."

"Yes, you are. Jonathan Francis and I will be fine."

Harry looks around my foyer. "Where did he get off to?"

"I'm not sure, but you need to get going."

Jonathan Francis and I were spending the entire day together. He didn't have school and I volunteered to watch him before Harry even got the sentence out of his mouth. I was a little overly excited.

And this might be a bad thing for me to say, but I think it had something to do with the fact that Harry was finally getting a divorce.

It's been a quick process, and they used a mediator to keep things out of the court. I don't know much, but Harry said he would inform me of what was going on after he settled things.

It was rough for him even though he acted like it wasn't. I don't care how much I hated Krista, even I had to admit that the demise of their marriage must be tough on he both of them. There were several nights when Harry would call me, in somewhat of a panic attack. He had been together with her for his entire adult life, since he was seventeen, it only made sense to freak out.

He was off to handle that this morning before work.

"Theo and Seb get out of school at three." Harry places his hands on my hips and pulls me close. "They'll take the train here."

I nod. "I know. We've been over this ten times."

"Right."

"I'm not incompetent, you know."

"Of course you aren't. I just want to make sure that everything's going to be okay. I always get like this when I let my kids out of my sight." He chuckles, "I'm a little overprotective."

"I've noticed, but I don't mind." I kiss him shortly on the lips.

"Daddy! Daddy! Look what I found." JF comes into the foyer carrying Sam, who does not look pleased at all. The cat's face is scrunched up in anger and the noises coming from him tell me he's obviously not amused.

"Jonathan, you know better than to touch other people's pets without asking," Harry says.

"He was hiding from me." JF lifts Sam up higher into his arms. "What's his name, Lyssa?"

"Sam." I laugh quietly.

"Does he bite?"

"No, he doesn't, but he doesn't look very pleased at you right now. Maybe I should take him." I gently grab Sam and set him on the floor. He runs off as if I tried to burn his tail.

"You're going to be good for Alyssa, right?" Harry bends down and talks to his son.

"Yes, Admiral." He salutes.

"At ease, sailor."

"We're going to have a great time."

Harry leaves five minutes later. JF waves to him from the steps and then shuts the door when he comes back inside.