𝐗𝐈𝐕

I quickly find out that San Francisco is an absolutely beautiful city. I will never forget some of the things I've experienced here.

Harry and I have, since I met him, been close. But we've taken it to a different level. I learn everything about him and listen intently as he takes me through his history.

He's busy during the day with conferences and speeches, but our nights are filled with naked cuddling and discussions about everything. I tell him to start from the beginning, literally his first memory, and we go from there.

His life is fascinating, and I find him full of surprises. Whenever I think his tale is going to take me in one direction, he turns a corner and veers off course. The Navy, for instance, is one moment in his life that was never planned, but ended up being one of the best decisions he's ever made.

"I think I met some absolutely amazing people during those years when I was in the Navy. I didn't even know what the hell I was doing." He sighs, placing his hands behind his head.

"Weren't you scared?"

"No. I was excited. There was so much I wanted to see, and the Navy was a great way for me to get out there."

"But you had a new wife and a baby. How did you do it all?"

"Not without struggle. Krista was supportive, though."

I lie on his chest and ask him to tell me more.

The next night, Harry takes me out to this small restaurant in Chinatown that he says he found on vacation one time. We eat dim sum and greasy pork until two in the morning. We smile at each other, and our touches are anything but innocent. It's dark inside, the atmosphere only lit by candles, so we're allowed to be a little naughty.

At the end of the meal, the waiter brings out two fortune cookies. Harry steals the one closest to me.

"Hey, that's mine!" I argue, trying to reach over his body.

"No, Alyssa. I think this one was meant for me." He smirks.

"Come on, don't make me have to cause a scene in this nice restaurant."

"Do your worse, Ms. Wilson." He leans in close and kisses my lips. We get even more heated, and I have the opportunity to steal the cookie from his hands.

"Yes!" I smile to myself.

"You cheated. Using your feminine ways to cloud my mind." Harry settles for the other one.

"I can't be held accountable for my actions."

He cracks it open. "As I suspected. Lame ass fortune."

"Don't be upset. You can't choose your fortune."

He throws the small strip of paper on the table. "What does yours say?"

"Nothing. It's stupid," I lie, hiding the fortune under the table.

Trust your heart.

The generic words on the paper seem to be jumping into my brain, but I act like it doesn't affect me.

I stuff the fortune into my purse before Harry takes my hand, walking us into the lively Chinatown night.

The next day, I sit by the pool and read. It's relaxing and Harry has some time to join me. Harry in swim trunks, dunked in water, must be the best one yet. He's so athletic and actually does a few laps. Maybe to show off for me, but I don't mind.

We eat lunch on a grassy hill by the hotel and out in the open, I can see some women look at Harry. It makes me jealous. He thinks my red face and evil stare is funny.