𝐕

PHOEBE and Sean leave two days later. I'm sad to see them go, but also want time to myself. Time to myself to clean the house and think about Harry. I miss him, even though the days away from each other haven't been that long.

He texts me throughout the weekend and says that he wishes he had time to come into the city. Jonathan Francis is sick with a cold, and his other kids are enjoying the start of their summer. I know he has kids, but I don't know any of their names besides JF. I don't know him well enough to gauge if I'm crossing a line with asking questions about his children.

He seems to want to talk about them, but I feel slightly uncomfortable, so I always change the subject. But I secretly want to know more about his life.

Krista has extended her trip in Brazil by a couple of days, which bodes well for me. Harry says that he wants to take me to lunch on Monday.

I wake up that morning with a smile on my face. I work out, as usual, and push myself extra hard today. I have a lot of pent up energy that needs to be released. Hopefully, Harry can help with that in the near future.

I keep waiting for some feeling of guilt to seep through my body, but it never comes. Does that make me a bad person? I don't care. I'm enjoying myself and being selfish. Phoebe keeps telling me not to worry about it. She says that if Krista wanted her husband, she would be there for him. She's not, so I take her place.

I dress for lunch in a pair of tight white pants and throw on a simple tank top, covering it up with a burgundy blazer. I wear some jewelry, which I don't usually do, but I'm feeling festive. My pumps for today are patent leather and match my jacket. I don't like my hair right now. It won't cooperate so I throw it into a ponytail. That always works.

Harry has texted me the address of the restaurant and I arrive ten minutes before we're supposed to meet. It's a nice cafe located on the street. I get a table and the waiter asks what I want to drink. I just get water and wait for Harry.

He's five minutes late and looks so apologetic.

"I'm sorry I'm late." He kisses my cheek lightly before he sits down. I sometimes wonder if he worries about us being seen like this, but he hasn't said anything, so I don't bother asking.

"It's a nice day outside. I don't mind waiting," I say and look at him for the first time. He's in scrubs today, which tells me he had a surgery. He looks good. Relaxed, but tired.

"How was your weekend?" he asks me.

I tell him about how I entertained Phoebe and Sean while they were here. He smiles and seems like he can't get enough of me. I can tell he wants to reach across the table to grab my hand, but he doesn't.

I ask him how Jonathan Francis is doing. It breaks my heart when he tells me that the little boy woke up crying yesterday with a fever. My feelings for Harry skyrocket as he explains how he cared for his son throughout the day. Thankfully, JF is better now.

"What do you have planned for the rest of the day?" Harry takes a large bite of his hamburger.

"More unpacking."

"You're still not done?" he laughs.

"No, and it's getting annoying." I huff. "I have so many things that I don't need. It's exhausting."

"How about I come over tonight to help."

I'm kind of shocked that he keeps wanting to spend time with me. Doesn't he have obligations?

Shouldn't be hanging out with his kids? I ask him this question, and he laughs.

"Alyssa, at their ages, they would rather have their friends around than me. They're going to their going to my parents' for the evening."