Episode 131

Episode 131: Old Affairs Die Hard.

SPECIAL GUEST STAR:

HALLE BERRY as Chanel Mantel.

1978/1979 FLASHBACK GUEST STARS:

LAURA VANDERVOORT as Felicity Mason

EMMA BELL as Fallon Mason

And JOSH HUTCHERSON as Oswald Johnson.

Thursday 2nd January 2003. Parking Lot, near Route 495, Just outside Melville, Long Island. Bethany is waiting for an unexpected meeting, with Eric Lance, who claims, he has something of interest to her, which could keep both their secrets in tact. But, what is Eric really up to? Arriving from the west, Eric slowly manoeuvres into the parking lot and parks beside Bethany. Bethany rolls down her side window, as Eric removes his sunglasses. He kind of gives Bethany a smug look, but Bethany is unnerved by Eric's expression.

'Last time, I saw you was at the September 11th memorial last year, we had an interesting conversation didn't we?' Eric reminds Bethany.

'And I thought we agreed to go our separate ways,' Bethany adds. 'Now, is not the best time, my step daughter is on suicide watch.'

'Oh yes, I heard about that, some sort of distant relative of Rebecca's,' Eric figures. 'Must've been really close if she attempts to take her life.'

'Was it about Rebecca, you wanted to talk to me about or did you just want to make light conversation?' Bethany groans. 'I have driven over fifty miles to keep you happy.

'To be honest, Rebecca does have some sort of connection to what I'm about to show you, but not directly, with what I'm about to show you,' Eric confirms.

'Oh, OK, Hank, you have my attention,' Bethany sarcastically acknowledges.

Eric takes out a large envelope and hands it to Bethany. Bethany opens it and it reveals a photograph of Chris and Benjamin getting intimately involved. Bethany's face drops at her discovery. She glances back to Eric.

'Where's you get these?' Bethany asks.

'Chris and his Editor know of my true identity and in an attempt to keep them off my back, I blackmailed, Elaina Carlisle that if she continues to pursue her case against me and doesn't encourage, Chris his continued then I would reveal Emma and Rebecca's affair to him. Emma seems desperate to rely on Mrs Carlisle, but this latest discovery, gives me the hint that he knows of his wife's deception. And I believe you recognize the other male in the picture.'

'It would be completely foolish of me not to,' Bethany sighs. 'I suppose this is where I come in?'

'Help me out here Beth,' Eric pleads. 'Otherwise I may end up doing something I may regret yet again. I've tried to avoid using the darkness within me. Because if Chris talks, I won't be the only one before Judge and Jury. And that's not a threat Beth, that's a promise. That would probably put runaway Carla out of options. I'll be in touch.'

Eric reverses back and drives out of the parking Lot and back to Manhattan. Bethany sits in dismay and frustration while looking at the photograph of Christopher and Benjamin. But, why has Eric brought Bethany into the equation?

Francis Bay, Long Island. Rebecca awakes from her sedation in mid afternoon to find, visitor and friend, Emma by her side. Rebecca's shock attempted suicide had left everyone close to her rattled. Clara's death left everyone shocked, but nobody realized the extent it would drive Rebecca to. To those who don't know Rebecca's true identity, Clara was seen as Rebecca's adopted Aunt, but Rebecca herself and step mother Bethany, are the only ones that knew the truth. Rebecca was never Harry and Tina's daughter, she was never a Wilson. Clara was her birth mother, who gave her up for adoption as a baby and years later, Rebecca stole the identity of a supposed dead girl, who was in fact the daughter that Tina was forced to give away at birth. All Rebecca wanted out of life was love and stability, but it's been a long journey of complication and heartache for Rebecca. Rebecca is happy that Emma had been keeping a vigil eye on her and reaches out to her best friend, who holds her hand.