Episode 134: Part 2.

Sunday 12th January 2003, Francis Bay, Long Island. Joe Hayes is on his way half a mile shy of the Bay, to the Wilson Household. Joe has the urge to sneeze and when he does, he accidently jerks the wheel and almost crashes into a patrol car. Joe had a previous accident with Harry, earlier in the morning, he sure doesn't need another one. Trying to complete the mission of all missions set by Eric Lance doesn't need anymore hiccups and Dominic already suspects foul play in Joe, as both he and Deloris have succumb to the power of forceful truth. Out steps Ted from his police car and proceeds over to Joe, who feels a little embarrassed.
'That was a little reckless, wasn't it sir?' Ted adds.
'Sorry officer, I sneezed, lost concentration,' Joe replies.
'If I may add, you were driving a little bit to close to forty or so,' Ted states.
'Is that bad officer?' Joe attempts to act dumb.
'It is if you're driving a thirty mile drive zone,' Ted informs. 'I'm sure you've learnt the highway code.'
'Uh yeah,' Joe claims.
Ted looks at Joes car and scours around. This makes Joe a little nervous. Ted walks around the vehicle and notices a huge scratch mark near Joe drivers door, which was caused by his reckless driving, when he smashed Harry's wing mirror off, earlier on. Ted turns his attentions back to Joe.
'Can you explain this?' Ted points.
'Sure, vandals,' Joe lies. 'I live in one of the roughest areas of New York City.'
'Really?' Ted doubts. 'What brings you here in such a hurry?'
'Change of scenery,' Joe says.
'Well, then I suggest you change your driving skills in future, if don't want it so rough,' Ted insists.
'Sorry, are you going to book me, I am kind of new around here?' Joe sighs.
'Maybe, maybe not,' Ted shrugs.
'What do mean, maybe, maybe not?' Joe frowns.
'You see, I usually judge a book by it's cover, I judge women by how they dress and I judge people who are vulnerable,' Ted admits. 'I usually envy those, who think they've got the better of me. And if I don't like it, I get my own back.'
Joe realizes his power has taken affect on officer Ted and decides to ask more questions in Teds motives.
'I'm surprised nobody has laid one on you, you look like the type that needs being put down a peg or two,' Joe said.
'To be honest, my colleague Harry Wilson, hit me prior to Christmas at his house party, I asked him if I could f*** his wife, Bethany,' Ted involuntarily confesses.
'What other skeletons do you have in your closet officer?' Joe questions.
'I have evaded Tax payment of up to thirty thousand dollars and my real name isn't Ted, it's Darren Baines.'
Ted cannot believe he's just admitted all his darkest secrets to a complete stranger and he feels embarrassed.
'What did you do to me?' Ted rages.
'Looks like you messed with the wrong cop, Joe,' Joe gasps.
Ted looks around to make sure nobody is looking and Joe senses that Ted is going to draw his pistol, so Joe steps on the gas and accelerates fast. Ted fears for his future and jumps into his police car and chases after Joe. Joe has no intensions on leaving town, as he was given instructions that America Most wanted criminal and her accomplices were brought down. Joe has so far hit some snags on the way and will not be obstructed this time, not even by a phony cop. Joe spots the Wilson residence and speeds alongside the estuary into the driveway. Joe sees that a car is parked up outside, as well as Benjamin's truck. Joe heads to the front door and profusely hits on it. Joe can hear Teds car heading up the road and he continues to panic. Suddenly, Bethany appears from Benjamin's cabin house and finds Joe pounding on the front door.
'What the hell are you doing?!' Bethany shouts.
'Do you live here?' Joe asks.
'Yes, I do, not that it's any of your business,' Bethany curses.
'Ma'am, I need to use your phone, there's a man pretending to be a cop and now he's after me,' Joe tries to explain.
'Why should I believe you?'
'Look Ma'am I know I seem crazy, but he'll be here any second, I promise, I'm not dangerous, I have nothing on me, trust me,' Joe pleads.
Bethany spots Teds patrol car heading up the road and Bethany agrees with Joe and tells him to head on inside, so Bethany can query Joes claims and he runs on inside the house. Its not the first time Bethany has let complete strangers into her home. Ted pulls up and places his hand firmly against his gun belt, as Bethany walks over.
'What's going on Ted?' Bethany queries.
'Bethany, that man is dangerous, I would appreciate it if you'd step aside,' Ted orders.
'What's he done wrong?' Bethany asks.
'Not your concern Beth,' Ted argues.
'Well, if you considering gunning down somebody in my home, then I'm making it my business,' Bethany argues.
'He's committed a driving felony and he drove off, after he refused to show me his drivers licence,' Ted fibs.
'He thinks you're not who you say you are,' Bethany points out.
'And you believe him, Jesus Christ Beth, help me out, here, huh?'
'OK, if I encourage the young man to come out, will you not take out your gun?' Bethany calms.
'Not even for you?' Ted jokes
'No, that gun, stays in your pants,' Bethany sternly expresses.
Bethany heads back towards the house and encourages Joe to come out. It seems Joe won't acknowledge Bethany, but then he re-appears. Little does both Bethany and Ted know, that they are being recorded. Joe stands just inside the door frame. Ted tries to keep his patience.
'Alright, fella, come outside and lets settle this sensibly,' Ted calls. 'Let's not be hasty.'
'No, lets not asshole,' Joe sarcastically replies. 'Tell Bethany, what you told me, it's true isn't it?'
'Yes, it is, I'm a tax evader and my real name is Darren Baines,' Ted admits, in front of a stunned Bethany.
Ted is shocked again, he's admitted something, that was totally out of his control and now his confession has now been heard by his colleagues wife. Ted draws his gun and fires at Joe, but he misses and Bethany attempts to get the gun from Teds grasp.
'Benjamin! Benjamin!!' Bethany calls.
Ted shoves Bethany backwards and knocks her out, with the gun. Ted looks to Benjamin's cabin, but he's no show. Ted picks up Bethany and heads into the house and figures that Joe has made an attempt to escape, but strangely enough, he hasn't. Is Joe using Teds madness as his advantage, as using this latest hostage situation to question Bethany, when she awakens. Next door, Benjamin sees that Teds patrol is outside and he starts to ponder on what to do. Benjamin purposely looks at himself in the mirror and smirks. He glances momentarily looks to the Wilson house and then back to his reflection.
'Don't worry mother, Benita will arise again.....soon,' Benjamin smiles to himself.
Who is Benita?