Episode 129

Episode 129: Two Become One. 

Special Guest Stars:

AMY ADAMS as Clara Barton

AND

HALLE BERRY as Chanel Mantel.

Sunday 24th December 1978, Hexville, Upstate New York.

Jonathan Wilson slowly walks to a cabin in a woodland, just outside Hexville and meets with Barry Stiller. Barry hands Jonathan a case of cash, worth $25,000. Jonathan says he's not concealing anymore suspicious Merchandise on his workplace, unless he tells him, what they are used for. Barry insists, it's not the right time, but will consider it, if he thinks he has enough confidence to trust him. Barry reminds Jonathan that, what Jonathan is doing, is the only way to afford for Harry to get into college, when he graduates. Barry says he will be in touch after the Christmas period and heads back to his car. Unbeknown to Jonathan, a tall guy about mid thirties, is watching from afar, with binoculars. Has Jonathan been caught out?

Tina and Bethany bump into each other in the local supermarket and exchange kind words and embrace.

'How are you, Beth?' Tina asks.

'Still pretty shook up, from the Christmas Party, other than that having a blast,' Bethany replies, realizing the word 'blast' made Tina uncomfortable. 'Sorry, that quote wasn't very smart.'

'No, it's OK, I think, that explosion, may have blown away a few cobwebs, for the time being anyway,' Tina acknowledges.

'How about you?' Bethany queries.

'Oh you know, still feeling a bit bruised, but at least we're still alive and kicking,' Tina adds.

'Do you remember much, about the lab explosion, because it doesn't make any sense to me?' Bethany claims.

'Not really, my minds a blank, although I remember Felicity breaking up my dance with Harry,' Tina explains, making Bethany a little jealous.

'He's some guy, Harry,' Bethany partially smiles.

'He sure is, if it hadn't been for him, God knows what might have happened,' Tina sighs.

'Every girl needs a superman in their life, I sure do,' Bethany said.

'Listen, I heard about what my Dad did last week, I wanted to apologise, he had no right to storm into your house and accuse you of trying kill me,' Tina tries to explain.

'You don't have to apologise Tina,' Bethany assures. 'He was probably just in shock. A lot of people think I envy you Tina, because you have all the things I haven't, and I'm just this scorned, loopy, vulnerable girl, with only a unfit mother and whore of a sister to look up to, but you are good person Tina and I'm not jealous of you and it's always a pleasure to see you.'

'I think you missed something else out,' Tina grins.

'What's that?'

'You're in love with Harry and you're worried I might get there first,' Tina points teases.

'Every girl at High School, including the Mason Twins, are in love with Harry,' Bethany laughs. 'Jesus, even my sister has a crush on him and she is three years older than him.'

Tina smiles and agrees with Bethany. Bethany asks how Greg is and Tina informs Bethany that he's been off the booze for a few days and the arguments have settled down. Carla and Marilyn then interrupt the two girls conversation and Marilyn is quick to put her foot in it and curse Billy for accusing Bethany of trying to purposely harm Tina. Bethany assures her mother, that Tina was aware and that it was a big misunderstanding. By Carla's expression, it's seems she is rather jealous and Bethany and Tina's close compassions. Beth and Tina wish each other and Merry Christmas and the two girls embrace and Tina exits.