Episode 123

Episode 123: Murder She Don't?

SPECIAL GUEST STAR:

CASSIDY FREEMAN as Linda Perry.

Tuesday, October 1st 2002, Francis Bay, Long Island. The local authorities learn that the dismembered body of the driver of the Mercedes, had his tyres blown out prior to his car crash and his brutal slaughter. The Mayor decides he wants local officers to step up the case, as he fears there may be a connection to the murder and the missing Harbour Master and girl. Harry takes centre stage for the case and is determined to get to the bottom of the matter and solve the case. With a population of around five hundred, the head chief of police, sends out his police enforcers in certain parts of the town to interview the towns people, if they are suspicious of anyone or what has caught their eye. Harry suggests he start with the Kings, as they may feel more comfortable speaking to him. The chief of police agrees.

Linda seems to have had good control over her metamorphosis and growing closer to Rebecca, has made her feel more human, but Rebecca makes it aware to Linda, that law enforcers are spreading out across a twenty five mile radius of Long Island, to investigate the missing people of Francis Bay and the murder of the driver. Linda then suspects the murder of the driver, couldn't have been her doing, by the way the local news described his possible demise. Linda doesn't mention her face to face encounter with Bethany.

Rebecca is at work and Bethany walks in and asks her, if she is keeping anything away from herself and Harry and if she is seeing anyone, that she feels she doesn't need to share? Rebecca asks why Bethany would feel like that? Bethany has noticed, that Rebecca hasn't spent as much time with the family, as she would have liked. Rebecca assures Bethany, there is nothing wrong. Bethany doesn't mention her face to face encounter with Linda either. Charlotte gets paranoid, when she suggests that the police will suspect her, because of her mental stability. Dominic puts Charlottes mind at rest and Deloris offers to take her mother shopping to New York City at the weekend. Deloris informs Benjamin of this and he thinks it's a good idea.

Benjamin later turns up for work and finds a brand new machete hanging up, before glancing at himself in the mirror. He turns round and spots Harry in his police uniform with Bethany. Harry kisses Bethany before he heads to the Kings Cafeteria. Bethany turns to Benjamin and winks at him.

Linda sits at home, wondering what to say, when the police arrive.

Rebecca returns home and heads to the telephone to call Linda. She drops her purse, as Bethany enters and she comes upon a photograph of herself and Linda.

'Is this the girl you've been trying to keep secret?' Bethany queries, acting dumb.

'You would know all about secrets Bethany, wouldn't you?' Rebecca sarcastically replies.

'We have a lot of them don't we?' Bethany laughs. 'But, are our previous ones worse, than your recent one? Sleeping with a woman, who is Ms Jekyll and Ms Hyde, I mean it must be a full time job, compared to your coffee shop job at the Kings, cleaning up your lovers victims blood stains.'

'Do you love him?' Rebecca asks.

'Oh, the man you call your Daddy,' Bethany whispers. 'More than anything. But, he's not a killer and if you truly love Miss Perry, then you let justice be served.'

'I could say the same about you and your connection to that Cosmos society,' Rebecca counters. 'What's you excuse?'

'I'm all passed that, I was just another passer by in that area,' Bethany lies.

'Well, she seemed pretty sure, you had more to do with that money laundering company, by the way she described your appearance,' Rebecca explains.

'Rebecca, I'm not lying to you. I've been loyal to you,' Bethany claims, moving towards Rebecca placing her hands on her waist. 'And didn't we promise each other, to look out for each other and share one another?' Bethany grips Rebecca's butt tightly. 'She could never love you like I could. She's gonna have to kill me, if she intends on taking you away from me.' Bethany tenderly kisses Rebecca on the lips.

Police interview local store owners, and even the Francis born locals, have stated that there hasn't been a shooting, murder or missing person in the town for almost a quarter of a century. Harry interviews the Kings. Dominic gives his statement to Harry and that Dominic has been too distracted with running the business and caring for Charlotte, plus the return of their daughter, Deloris, who has been too occupied with her new relationship with Benjamin.

Later, Harry returns home to find Abraham had paid a surprise visit. Abraham cracks open a bottle of red wine?

'How was your day?' Abraham queries.

'Swell,' Harry smirks.

'Hear about your recent case, sounds brutal,' Abraham adds.

'Yeah,' Harry agrees. 'I sometimes wonder if I brought the Big Apple with us. How's life in the old city?'

'Found a man pancaked in car trunk, in junkyard a few weeks back,' Abraham informs. 'But, like your case no leads.'

'This kind of a deja vu thing. Jeff had his problems with Paul Harland's Grim Reaper personality. God knows who I'm dealing with?' Harry wonders.

Benjamin then enters with Deloris, who forces Benjamin to admit his theory. He tells Harry, he may have his suspicions on a girl, who lives a mile out of town. This surprises Harry.

Rebecca finishes work and is interrupted by Bethany. Bethany wants Rebecca to not play dangerously, but Rebecca calls Bethany a hypocrite and that she cannot force her away from Linda and reminds her, she knows he secrets, that she confidently shared in Season Sevens 'Game Of Secrets,' and what she discovered so far in the final season.' Charlotte overhears the two women's altercations.

Rebecca rushes to Linda's home to check on her, before she heads home. Rebecca notices there is a patrol car outside the house and there are no lights on. Rebecca suspects something is wrong and puts on her blacks gloves before entering Linda's house. Rebecca is horrified to find two dead police officers on the ground, with a Machete in the hands of Linda Perry.

'Linda, what have you done?' Rebecca gasps.

'I didn't do it, I swear,' Linda cries.

'We have to get you out of here....... Now.' Rebecca shivers.

If Linda didn't murder the two cops, then who did?

Note: This is the first episode of the Series, to NOT feature New York City.

Michael J Fox, Kristin Kreuk, Jada Pinkett Smith and Steven Seagal do NOT appear in this episode.

Flashbacks to 1978/79 do NOT occur in this episode.

END OF EPISODE ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY THREE