Episode 117

Episode 117: Some Leave. Some Stay.

Five and half days laters, Harry, Bethany, Rebecca, Chris and Emma fly down to Mexico, where agents claim they have found a body to be that of Jeff Wilson. Jeff was supposed to have been executed by lethal injection, several weeks earlier, but it seems there was cover up and Jeff survived, until he was, what looks like, brutally murdered by an unknown assailant, alongside lover Isabella Tarn on an isolated island in the Caribbean. Once the Wilsons step off the plane, the family are told, Jeff was staying on an island, which was used by Jamaican fishermen, who kept their status secret. That was until, they were attacked by pirates and only a few escaped and signalled an emergency, once they discovered Jeff and Isabella's dead bodies. The feds suspect runaway Jeff, was the victim of pirates, as the Tarns household in Mexico, was the scene of a pirate massacre. Harry cannot believe his brother could have survived a lethal injection and officially died again. The agents inform Harry, that one of the fishermen, was to have taken a disk to the States with confidential information on it, but misplaced it. The Wilsons are taken to a mortuary, where Jeff's body is identified. Bethany, Rebecca and Emma are sickened by what they see. Chris is devastated and Emma comforts him. Harry realizes what the agents said, were true. He looks down at his brothers dead body, frozen still, almost catatonic. Has it all sunk in?

Returning to the Big Apple, Harry tries to understand Jeff's intensions. There are no leads on what has come of the Cosmos. Harry states that he's somewhat relieved, that there is some closure, as the FBI conclude, he was the victim of a pirate homicide. Chris isn't at all convinced it was and Emma begs him to let go and leave Jeff in peace.

Abraham and Elaina pay their condolences.

Emma accidently bumps into her birth father, who insists he's not stalking her, but has decided to move to the city. Does he really mean what he says?

Harry and Chris agree that Jeff should be buried, next to Harry and Jeff's parents in 'Hexville.'

Chris tells Abraham, that Emma's biological father is attempting to see her, but it seems he is not getting the message and that Otto has recently passed away. Abraham assures Chris, he will sort the situation.

Bethany receives another secret note and heads to a phone booth and assures, whoever she is talking too, it's been dealt with and nobody is under suspicion yet. The only concern will be where the missing disk, ends up.

A few days later, in upstate, suburban town, Hexville, Jeff Wilson is put to rest next to parents, Mary and Jonathan. It's the first time, Harry has stepped into his home town in twenty two years. Chris is first to give his speech and tells the mourners, how Jeff encouraged him as a father and that even though at times he seemed controversial, he was just misunderstood and a hero in Chris's eyes not a monster. Chris adds, that no matter how the nation remembered Jeff in his last weeks, as a fugitive, Chris will always remember him as a loving husband to Sylvia and loving father to him.

Harry is next to give his speech. Harry explains, that he and Jeff had somewhat different personalities at times and Jeff was almost the black sheep of the family. He always knew Jeff cared for him, but had often wanted to act tough and not show affection, but deep down in his heart, Jeff was as human as anybody else. Mary and Jonathan always loved Jeff, but were disappointed they could never be proud of him, but like what Chris said in his speech, he was just misunderstood and no matter, how people saw him in his last hour, Jeff was still Harry's brother and that he should finally spend his eternal peace with his parents. Harry holds back his emotions. After the service and Jeff is lowered into his grave and an American flag is placed over his coffin, Harry asks to be left alone. In the sunset, Harry decides to read Jeff's letter, he wrote almost twenty years ago.