Episode 126

Episode 126: Long Lost Daughter.

Special Guest Star:

AMY ADAMS as Clara Barton

September 2002, A Month And A Half Earlier.

Thirty six year old, Clara Barton begins her journey to find the daughter she was forced to give up at fourteen years old. Clara had named her Abigail. She begins her journey through the adoption agency to discover, her daughters adopted parents, The Smiths had died in a plane crash and Abigail was fostered out, several times, as at times she became out of control. She discovers Abigail's adopted name was Alicia. Clara is put in touch with the Turners from Minnesota and they agree to meet with her.

Clara meets with the Mr and Mrs Turner at their home in Minnesota and they inform her, that Alicia lived with them for a few years until her late teenage years, before running away after an argument. in the late 90's. Alicia was fostered again, due to the fact her foster mother committed suicide after her adopted daughter Rebecca fell to her death into a raging river, when she and Alicia were nine years old. Rebecca and Abigail were playing out at the time. Rebecca's body was never found. Alicia was traumatized by her foster sisters death, as they were so close and needed therapy, before being fostered again. For a while Alicia and the Turners were very much a family unit and she was quite happy in herself. Sometime later, Alicia suffered a relapse and began truanting from school, getting into fights and being disrespectful. The Turners realised it was a cry out for help, because of what happened to Rebecca. By the time she reached 18 years old, Alicia had ran off with a guy called Rick Henson and that was the last they had heard from her. Alicia queries if they know where Rick is? The Turners state that they are unaware of where he is. His mother also claims she hasn't seen him in years. Before she leaves, Clara is handed a picture of Alicia, at 12 years old.

Clara visits Ricks mother in jail several week later, who has been incarcerated for five years on a drugs bust. Clara asks if she is aware of Ricks status?

'What's it matter to you?' Ricks mother groans.

'He ran off with my daughter, Abig...I mean Alicia,' Clara informs. 'I gave her up when I was fourteen. I need to find her.'

'Sorry to say this, but they're not together anymore,' the woman claims. 'She ran off.'

'Do you know where?' Clara asks.

'Something about finding a place to be near her dead foster sister.'

'Do you have Ricks address?' Clara wonders. Ricks mother is hesitant, but Clara pleads with her to give her Ricks address and she longs to meet the daughter she was forced to give away. Ricks mother writes down his address. He lives in Miami, Florida.

One week later, Clara flies down to Florida and comes face to face with Alicia's ex boyfriend, now hood gangster. Rick explains, that he thought Alicia loved him, but she left him a note and took money. The note stated that, she needed to make peace with Rebecca and find a place of solace. Rick hands Clara a picture of Alicia at 19 years old. (her face is not shown to the audience). Clara is brought to tears and places her hand on the photo. Rick insists that Clara can keep the photo, as sooner or later he would have had to let go. It's taken him 2 years. Clara sits in a bar and looks to the TV screen and learns of the harrowing murders in Francis Bay, Long Island and that Linda Perry is wanted for mass murder. The next morning, Clara returns home to Colorado.

Sometime later, Clara gets in touch with the adopted father of the supposed deceased Rebecca, Alan Craig and asks if Alicia had been in touch? Alan admits to seeing Alicia, but turned her away, as he blamed her for Rebecca's fate and causing his wife to kill himself. Clara adds that Alicia needed to be close to Rebecca to find solace, as claimed by her ex boyfriend. Alan suggest the only other option would be, Rebecca's birth parents. Rebecca's birth mother named her Scarlett, when she was born in 1980.

Clara makes enquiries and discovers that nobody by the name of Alicia had been in contact with Rebecca's birth family, but a girl by the name of Rebecca Turner had identified herself as the birth daughter of Tina and Harry Wilson, who lived in New York City. Clara makes the trip to the Big Apple by early December and discovers Rebecca had worked at Bloomingdales and that Tina died in the September 11th attacks the previous year. They also give her the gory details of her uncle being a terrorist, faking his death and dying in the Caribbean. Asked where she is living now, they put her in touch with Emma and pretends to be her adopted Aunt. Emma is hesitant at first, but Clara guarantees Emma, she won't tell Rebecca who her informant is. Emma writes down Rebecca's address and only a week prior to Christmas, Clara heads 117 miles east to Francis Bay Long Island.

Francis Bay, Long Island. Clara heads into the Kings Cafeteria and orders a coffee. Deloris serves her, just as Charlotte and Dominic start a blazing argument in the kitchen. Benjamin arrives and apologizes for letting her down on their date, but something important had come up and intends to make it up with her. When Benjamin exits, Clara shows Deloris a picture of Alicia and pretends to be her adopted Aunt.

'Yeah she works here, but Rebecca is off today,' Deloris answers.

'Rebecca?' Clara second guesses.

'Yeah, that is her adopted name isn't it?' Deloris questions.

'I guess so,' Clara sighs. 'Do you know where in town she lives?'

'I'm not sure I'm the right person you should ask. From what she told me, she didn't part on good terms with her adopted family,' Deloris tells Clara.

'Oh, it's just I wanted it to be a surprise, I've come a long way.'

'There's a B and B just round the corner and you can come on by tomorrow and meet her yourself,' Deloris points out.

'Thank you....'

'Deloris.' Deloris heads to the kitchen and Charlotte and Clara acknowledge each other and Clara calls her over. 'I wonder if you could help me?'

Early evening, Clara heads a mile and half north and stops a few yards form the Wilsons home. She spots Harry exiting the house, with Bethany by his side and heading to his patrol car.

'Don't go worrying yourself about Steven Whittaker,' Bethany insists. 'He is man on the run for murdering his brother and for shooting your brother, over six years ago. He may have been an old friend and colleague, but he's a lost cause. Let the bastard run.' 'Maybe you're right, it's time we got back to normal,' Harry agrees, kissing Bethany on the lips. 'I love you.'

'Bye,' Bethany waves, as Harry drives off to work. Bethany steps back into the house, as Clara exits her car and proceeds towards the house. She looks to her surroundings. Benjamin's cabin house and the lighthouse. Clara approaches the front door and knocks it. After a few moments, Rebecca answers the door. Clara is so emotional she cannot find her words.

'Can I help you?' Rebecca asks.

Note: Amy Adams and Erica Durance appeared as Lois Lane in two different Superman Franchises. Amy appeared in 'Man Of Steel 2013.' Erica appeared in Smallville from 2004-2011. Amy Adams infact did play a meteor freak in the first season of Smallville back in 2001.

Spoilers: Michael Douglas re-appears as Steve Whittaker at the end of the next episode for the first time since Season Four. He first appeared in the very first episode as an original guest star, back in 1995.

The next three episodes are set prior to Rebecca and Clara coming face to face.

Flashback to 1978/79 did NOT occur in this episode but will appear in the next.

END OF EPISODE, ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY SIX