cordial {16}

"I don't know, it's just really hard to find clothes that fit me sometimes," Trixie said. "Jeans will fit my waist but I can't get them over my hips, they'll fit my butt but will be huge around the waist, they'll fit everything and then squeeze my thighs like cling-wrap."

Katya nodded along though she couldn't relate to the exact troubles Trixie was talking about. She wasn't completely flat everywhere, she had a cute butt and enough boobs for herself, but she did have more of an athletic build than her girlfriend. 

"I can always take you to get your clothes adjusted, you know," Katya suggested.

Trixie looked at her, chin tilted down. 

"What? I just want you to feel confident in the clothes you wear, that's all."

Then Trixie stepped forward and hugged Katya tightly, squeezing her. Katya pressed a kiss to the top of Trixie's head. Once she stepped back, Trixie grabbed Katya's hand and held it as they walked throughout the mall. 

The two hadn't hung out for more than lunch in about a week, as Trixie kept getting more long shifts at work and Katya had meetings and things to do in the evening related to work. 

After Trixie continuously refusing to let Katya buy her nice things at the luxury stores, she settled for Katya paying for lunch and a few things from normal stores. 

They chose a small restaurant in the mall where they could sit at a booth facing one another because that's what Trixie wanted. Once their food arrived, the pair got to talking a bit more.

"Work has been so awful recently," Trixie said. "I've been working so much and I rarely get breaks because we're understaffed or whatever. And my boss has stopped letting us keep tips, isn't that ridiculous?"

"Trix, you're treated so bad there. I think you should look into something else."

Trixie sighed. "I know, but nowhere else is hiring right now. I get paid enough for rent and to have spending money which is both nice and uncommon, plus I would feel bad leaving Kim there to suffer on her own."

Katya listened intently, her hands now clasped under her chin. 

"And to make everything worse, Alyssa keeps having people over. It would be fine if it were just one person or even two or if they weren't so damn loud, but it's always like a dozen and they are so loud all the time. I can never sleep until the early hours of the morning because of it and whenever I talk to her about it she gets snappy. I love her but she doesn't listen to me."

"You can always sleep at my place," Katya suggested.

Trixie shook her head. "I can't just have sleepovers forever, love, I need to face my problems and figure out how to deal with the mess that my life has spiraled into," Trixie said, punctuating her statement with a laugh.

Katya opened her lips to speak but closed them quickly. Trixie noticed and tilted her chin up, nearly pouting.

"What were you gonna say?" She said, looking at Katya.

Katya shook her head. "Oh, nothing."

Trixie playfully kicked Katya's leg under the table, earning herself a semi-serious glare from her girlfriend.

"Don't be a brat, detka."

Trixie smiled. "Tell me what you were gonna say, please. I love hearing you talk. I love your voice, I love your words, I love your wisdom-"

"You should move in with me."

a/n: does that count as a cliffhanger? whatever