dawn {11}

Trixie would be lying if she said she hadn't been anxiously pacing in front of her front door. Every so often she would go check herself in the mirror to make sure she still looked nice and didn't need to touch anything up. Katya had told her to dress nice, so she tried her best to do so. She was wearing a tight, off-the-shoulder dress with a gold necklace her mother had given her. Her makeup was darker and more sophisticated than usual, so much so that Alyssa commented on the change.

"Where are ya headed?" She had asked, making herself some mac and cheese.

"Dinner with Katya," Trixie said. 

Before any more conversation could be had, Trixie's phone buzzed with a message from Katya saying that her car was outside. Trixie said goodbye to Alyssa and headed down the stairs and into the nice black car.

Katya had on her signature makeup and hair and was wearing a wool silk belted dress from Burberry. She looked expensive, as usual, and loved it. 

The reservations Katya had booked were at the single nicest restaurant in the city. When the pair entered the establishment, Trixie immediately felt out of place. Though she looked nice, everyone else looked as if they had just come from a red carpet. Many of them probably had. Katya sensed the tension that flooded into Trixie and took her hand, squeezing it lightly and shooting her a smile as the hostess grabbed their menus.

Once their appetizers arrived at the table and they had both drank a glass of wine, Katya relaxed into her surroundings a bit.

"Are you enjoying the food, princess?" Her voice was a platter of homemade cookies. 

"It's very good," Trixie said. "Much better than the diner."

Katya grinned at the girl sat across from her, and for the remainder of the dinner the two of them shared girlish laughs and told funny stories and jokes. Trixie had never seen Katya with her guard so let down.

Katya's face was slightly red from laughter as she paused to look at Trixie, who had turned a cute pink and couldn't stop smiling. "Do you want to come back to my place?"

Trixie paused and looked into Katya's deep-set eyes. "Really?"

"Yeah," Katya said, so caught up in the happiness that she didn't think about what would happen the following morning. "I've got a bottle of champagne that I've been waiting to share with you since the first night we met."

Trixie's heart fluttered in her chest. "Of course," she said, unable to control the smile that was spread across her face. 

---

Katya paid the bill in full, despite Trixie's protest. You'll make it up to me, the older woman had said. Trixie swore she saw her wink, too.

The pair walked to Katya's apartment. It was a short distance and the weather was perfect. 

Once they got up to Katya's apartment and Trixie was greeted by the smell of lavender, she noticed there was another person present there. She looked at Katya with an expression of confusion on her face, to which Katya responded with a smile.

"Violet," Katya called. "Is that you?"

As Trixie followed Katya out of the foyer and into the main living space, she saw a gorgeous woman, presumably Violet, sitting on the white leather couch. 

The woman grinned and stood up, her cinched waist frightening Trixie a bit. "Guilty."

Katya took Trixie's hand and pulled her closer to Violet. "Trixie, this is Violet. We work together. Violet, this is Trixie." Katya paused for a moment, unsure of how to introduce the younger woman beside her. "We just got back from dinner."

"Nice to finally meet you, Trixie," Violet said as she outstretched her hand, a smirk on her meticulously painted face. 

Trixie sheepishly stuck out her hand and shook Violet's. "Nice to meet you, too," she said, a blush high on her cheeks. 

"Is there anything you need?" Katya's voice was cheerful.

Violet sighed. "Just wanted to discuss a few things regarding work, but I suppose I'll either text you or we could talk some other time."

Katya nodded knowingly. "That sounds good," she said. "Thank you for stopping by."

Violet looked Trixie up and down, making the girl grow nervous. "Thanks for having me, love. Have a fun night," Violet said, smirking.

Before Katya could respond, Violet was out the door and headed elsewhere. She apologized to Trixie for the interruption.

"It's okay! Now I know you talk about me," Trixie joked. 

Katya blushed. "Of course I do," she said, her voice gentle as a lamb. 

Now it was Trixie's turn to blush.

"Would you like to change into something more comfortable? I'm going to," Katya asked.

Trixie's eyes lit up. "Are you asking me to stay the night?" 

"I suppose so," Katya laughed. She turned toward an open staircase and beckoned for Trixie to follow her.

The two walked past a few closed doors before reaching the one Katya opened. It was to her bedroom. There were large windows showcasing a gorgeous view of the city and a patio, a few large dressers and sliding closet doors, and a very large bed centered in the room. The sheets were white and the comforter was a deep red with black accents. Very Katya.

She walked over to one of the closets and grabbed a silk black robe, shorts, and tee shirt. She also grabbed a white tee shirt and silk, pink shorts. She handed the latter two items to Trixie and pointed to the bathroom.

"If you'd like to get changed and wash your face, feel free to do so and use whatever you want." 

Trixie smiled at the older woman's kindness. "Thank you," she said, "for everything."

Katya smiled and lifted her hand to Trixie's cheek. "You're so precious." 

Trixie went to get changed in the restroom. Everything was a white marble, and the towels were red with black "z"s on them. It was all so luxurious. She washed her face and stepped back out into the bedroom, where Katya was standing in a loose black shirt and shorts, a black silk robe, and was holding a bottle of champagne.

After they each had a few glasses and shared funny stories and memories, the two women fell asleep in bed tangled into one another.