omen {4}

a/n: i hope y'all don't mind the change in cover, i just didn't want something monochromatic anymore :) 

Trixie arrived home in the heat of the party the night prior, so she decided to take a few sleeping pills and slink into her bedroom unnoticed. Luckily, she was able to slip into a deep, comfortable sleep relatively quickly. The next morning she woke up with a slight headache due to the drinking from the night prior, but nothing she thought two Advil couldn't solve. 

After finishing her morning routine in the bathroom, she walked out to the main part of the apartment. The room wasn't as trashed as she suspected it would've been, which means her roommate woke up early to clean.

"Morning, sleeping beauty," her roommate called from the kitchen.

"Morning, Alyssa," Trixie called. Her roommate always had boundless energy and of course woke up extra early the night after a party. 

As Trixie took a seat at the breakfast bar, Alyssa pushed a cup of oolong tea toward her.

"Now, I must admit I'm a bit surprised to see you here. I thought you'd be spending the night with your missus," Alyssa said, sitting down beside Trixie.

"Yeah," Trixie admitted, "so did I."

"So why didn't you?"

Trixie rolled her eyes. "She said she had another meeting this morning and I guess she didn't want to inconvenience me."

"Well why don't you tell Miss Katya that it wouldn't bother you?" Alyssa seemed surprised.

Trixie smiled as she remember the night prior. "I did everything but ask her to fuck me, babe. She knew I wanted to go, and she wouldn't let me. And guess what? She rented out this super fancy room and got a super fancy wine and I didn't pay a penny."

"Oh," Alyssa said, smirking. "So this is a sugar mommy situation, I see."

Trixie nearly spat out her tea. "Absolutely not," she said. The idea of those dynamics made her laugh. "First of all, I'm not getting any sugar. Second, I'd never let that happen."

Though she vehemently rejected Alyssa's notion, it did make her think. Their relationship was set up slightly like she was a sugar baby, but that's not what she wanted at all. She had always been told to work for what she wanted, and that was the advice she lived by. Even if she was handed the life of her dreams on a silver platter she would turn it town (though she would have a hard time doing it).

Alyssa rolled her eyes and stood up, heading to the sink to wash her cup. "Whatever you say, darlin'."

Trixie loved Alyssa's southern charm. They weren't the perfect match for roommates, but they worked nicely together. Trixie had seen an ad for a girl needing a roommate, which is how the two of them ended up together. Whenever Alyssa would throw a party, she would let Trixie know in advance so she could make plans, which was nice. Trixie wasn't shy, but compared to Alyssa's enormous personality, she seemed it. It was odd. She had never been the person no one noticed until she moved to the city.

"Y'know, maybe Katya is trying to protect you from something and you should get out now. Before your feelings get too attached," Alyssa suggested. 

"Maybe," Trixie mumbled. "I don't need protecting, though."

"Sweets, you don't know how crazy people can be. Protect your heart, Dolly."

Trixie smiled and headed out to finish her tea on the small patio. It had just enough room for a tea table and two chairs. Nothing else. 

Alyssa was probably right.

But little did she know, it was too late to spare Trixie's heart.