Two Sides

The year's 1989!! And special thanks to aph_loner                                          for help on info about the Berlin Wall!! It took a really long time but here it is!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Russia had forced them all into the living room for a 'family' picnic. 

The atmosphere and looks on most of the nations just told you it was an unwanted thing.

Hungary and Prussia were lazily hanging out close to the fireplace, listening to Poland, who was just randomly going on and on. Lithuania was next to him laying on the floor and Estonia was already asleep.

Latvia was with Hungary and Prussia of course, it was like they were a small family, which Poland thought was cute. The boy was resting his head on his mother's chest with his eyes close.

It was pretty warm in this area of the room, so made sense for them to be sluggish. 

Well, Prussia was sluggish..... But he also was feeling so so weak, it wasn't as weak his empire came down and country was dissolved. But.... it was the type of weak felt when your people were suffering and dying out.

So many of them were just starving and it hurt to think about that, honestly. 

Hungary nodded along to what Poland was saying.... making it seem like he was hanging onto every word..... Her eyes slowly started to close...... and she was gently starting to fall to asleep..

Until....

"Guys wake up," Poland called, "Ukraine's passing out food."

Hungary and Prussia's eyes snapped open, Latvia slowly opened his own. 

Hungary saw a plate in front of her and looked up at Ukraine, who was giving her two plates for her and Latvia (who went back to sleep) ,... she nodded, mumbled a 'thank you', and put the plates on the floor near her. 

Ukraine just nodded and moved on to Prussia who shook his head tiredly. 

Hungary really didn't know what to say her old friend. Honestly, there were times she felt bad for blaming Ukraine on Russia's behavior since, just because her brother turned out the way he did, didn't mean it was her fault. But she hadn't apologized, even though it's been awhile. And that was because, she hated remembering how hurt her son and he had been after what Russia said and she just couldn't bring herself to do it.

She would just get so angry.

Prussia had apologized about 2 weeks after, he was surprised Hungary hadn't done the same yet........ Yeah, Elizabeta had just wanted to focus on strengthening her relationship with Latvia. 

So that's what she did.... letting a friendship go down the drain. 

Some thought it was impossible to avoid someone you were living with, but she could tell testify it was entirely possible if your mind was focused on something way more important.

Like your child.

Latvia had told her that he thought apologizing would be the best and had said he felt guilty for breaking up her friendship but she assured him, he didn't do anything wrong and that it was Russia's fault.

But still, right now, as Hungary watched Ukraine. She just felt compelled to say something. To just make things right.... she didn't know why. But maybe it was because, she felt like something was coming and it would be right before that thing got here.

And maybe it was because, she was content with her relationship with Latvia, which had grown much stronger and since then, she had been feeling extremely bad about what she had said about 5 or 6 years ago.