My Story

Question for you guys, was the last chapter cut off? Hopefully not, that can happen often when you use two devices to write a chapter. It was suppose to end with Germany about to tell his side of the story.

Anyway, I don't know. This book has like 2-3 chapters left. And this is the 50th chapter... Wow, it's been a long ride!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"I-" Germany tried to explain but it suddenly felt like he couldn't, he just really wanted to live his life without the past stopping him.

He didn't want to look up to his siblings' eyes, he felt to ashamed. He had let things get to the point they got too.

"I knew it was wrong at first," He spoke softly, "I knew they shouldn't have been chanting what they wanted to chant, I knew the message that .... he...... was spreading was wrong. I knew he was becoming a dictator. I tried to fight it, I tried to get him to calm down."

He went silent.

None of his siblings spoke, they were waiting for him to continue.

"At first he was trying to convince me, it was good for the fatherland.... for me... That it would be ridding the holy land of 'dirt'." He winced and shuttered, "I didn't want to believe it. I felt like it would be a betrayal of my people if I did."

He felt himself start to shake.

Liechtenstein immediately was right by him and led him to the couch to sit and put her hand on her brother's shoulder. 

"And after the third time of me trying to convince him..... I was a traitor....."

Austria felt his stomach start to turn, he didn't like where this was going.

"And treason was punishable by torture." 

"W-what?" Switzerland asked. A country had never committed its own treason.... at least as far as he knew. Why would you want to bring your own country down? What had happened to his brother?

Germany didn't want to go into detail... He really didn't...... He unconsciously rubbed his wrist, that he had turned at an angle. 

Liechtenstein looked down at it and her stomach dropped, she gasped in horror. This caused Germany to completely try and hide his wrist and pull the sleeve back up. But Austria walked to him and grabbed his arm.

He looked Germany in the eye.

"Ludwig," He asked softly, "What did they do to you?"

He didn't answer but didn't try and pull his arm away. He just looked down.

"What am I about to see?"

He didn't speak at all.

Austria felt so concerned, he pulled his brother's sleeve up and turned to see his wrist-

Oh Gott.

He felt his hand shake as he looked at a scar, a scar of the symbol. He didn't even want to think about it. Austria gently started to trace over it.

It didn't feel like a tattoo. No, it was an actual scar..... 

Either they carved it into him with a knife..... or...... there was.... branding.... And this looked so dark and....

Oh God.

"Ludwig?" He asked.

Liechtenstein looked teary eyed and hugged her brother, sniffling slightly. How could they have not have known about this?