💚Byler: Ignore💚

Set in 2019
Age:16
Will's POV
I can't do it. I hate sitting here and watching Mike and El be all happy and flirty. I've had a crush on Mike for about three years now. I probably always had feelings for him but realized it when I was 13. El moved to Hawkins about a year ago and we all became really close to her. What I didn't expect was how close her and Mike would've gotten. They aren't together but they do flirt a lot and it's painful for me to watch. Lately I've been trying to spend as little time with them as I can. I know this isn't the healthiest option, but I don't know what to do. Usually the party would have a movie night once a week to replace our D&D nights, and I slowly began to go less and less. Tonight was one of those nights. I was in my room on my bed drawing a picture of a pretty sunset using the nice color pencil set that Jonathan got me for my birthday. I heard the doorbell ring, but I heard my mom open the door. I went back to adding more orange and yellow to my picture. I heard a knock on my door. I looked up at my door.
"Come in" I said
The door opened and it was Mike who walked in. My heart began to race, I could hear the pounding in my ears.
"Hey Will" he said while closing the door behind him
"Hi Mike" I said sheepishly
He didn't say anything after that and just stood there awkwardly.
"Will are you ok?" He asked me
"Yeah why wouldn't I be?" I replied
"Just that you don't really come hand out with us anymore" he said
"I hang out with you guys"
"Not really, and when you are with us, you stay really quiet"
"That's not true" i said defensively
"Yes it is, and I know my best friend so tell me what's wrong"
"Mike I'm fine"
"No you aren't"
"Mike-"
"Tell me!"
I stood up and my colored pencils and my sketch pad fell out my lap.
"You wanna know why I'm distancing myself?" I said loudly "it's because I fucking love you Mike and it's so hard to go through everyday watching you flirt with El." I felt my cheeks go hot and I could still hear my heart beating.
Mike didn't say anything, he just stared at me.
"Say something" I said and he flinched a bit
"You love me?" He said
"Yeah, yeah I do and i know things won't be the same between us so just please-"
I was cut off when I felt a pair of soft yet chapped lips against mine. I slowly and softly kissed him back. The feeling in my chest felt like I just lifted a huge weight off my shoulders. He put his hands on my waist and I wrapped my arms around my neck. When the need for air became too much, we pulled away.
"Sorry" He said
"No, it's ok"
"You know the flirting between El and I isn't serious right? Plus she likes Max"
"O-oh, I didn't know that" I said while blushing a bit.
"Yeah so" He said
  We stood there in the middle of my room just holding each other.
"So, what are we?" I asked
"Do you wanna be my boyfriend?" He asked
I smiled and leaned up and kissed his cheek.
"I would love too"

❤️IN HONOR OF IT BEING 10 DAYS UNTIL ST3, I WROTE SOME BYLER AND ELMAX AND HENCLAIR WILL BE NEXT, THIS ONESHOT WAS ORIGINALLY GONNA GO IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT DIRECTION. IM GETTING BETTER NOW HOPEFULLY IT STAYS THAT WAY❤️
~Asia🏳️‍🌈