💙Elmax: Apart💙

Age: 19/20
Set in 2020
Max's POV
I set the last of my things in my dorm room. It's my second year of college and I'm excited for it. I'm actually looking forward to this new year. I hope my roommate is someone I get along with. My last roommate was not the nicest person, but we mostly stayed out of each other's way. I put my stuff on one of the beds in the room. I began to put my stuff away when I heard the door to the room open and someone struggling with their stuff. I turned around and she was putting her stuff on the floor.
"Do you need help?" I asked
"No it's fine"
She stood up and I saw her face. My smile dropped and I saw who it was.
"El?!" I exclaimed
"Max?!" She exclaimed just like I did
"What are you doing here?" I asked bitterly
"I-I transferred here for my sophomore year"
"Wow, and I was actually excited to start this year"
"Are you still mad over what happened?" She said
"Take a wild guess"
Age 16:
El was on her way to her girlfriend Max's house with some very important news. She had a prominent frown on her face. She walked up to Max's front door and knocked. The door opened and there stood the redhead.
"Hey Ellie, what're you doing here?" Max said with a smile on her face
"I need to talk to you"
"Ok, come in"
Max moved out of the way so El could walk in. They went to the living room and sat on the couch.
"What's wrong?" Max took El's hand in hers, but El pulled away. Max was very confused
"I'm moving" El told her
"Wait what?" Max said
"Hopper doesn't think I should continue to live here. He thinks it's connected to too much sadness and hurt"
"So where will you be going?"
"California"
"Wait so what does that mean for us?"
"Max, the distance would be too much it's 2,000 miles away"
"El please-"
"I'm sorry Max"
"I love you" Max said
El looked at her shocked
"What?" El said softly
"I love you"
El looked at Max for a moment before she got up and left. Max was left all alone and in tears. She pushed away all of her friends, her grades dropped, yet she still ended up in college, and she was just miserable.
Present Day:
"Max I'm sorry" El said
"Save it" I said
"I didn't mean to hurt you"
"But you did"
I turned away from her and began to unpack my stuff.
"Maxie" El said
I stopped what I was doing. That name. She always used it to get what she wanted from me and it always worked. If it was anyone else, they would have a broken jaw, but it's different with El. The way she says it makes her seem so innocent and it's adorable.
"Eleven don't do that" I said to her with my back still facing her.
"Maxie please just talk to me" she pleaded
I sighed and turned around. I told you it gets her what she wants.
"Fine talk" I told her
"I'm really sorry about what happened I didn't mean for it to go down like that"
"But it happened like that"
"Yes I know and I feel horrible"
"So why didn't you say it back?!" I exclaimed
"Because I didn't want you to still be hung up on me when I left. I didn't want you to be heartbroken"
"So not saying you loved me was gonna be a better solution huh?" I said with tears filling my eyes. Her eyes looked glassy as well so she must also be holding back tears.
"I'm sorry"
"It took me a lot of courage to say that and when you didn't say it back, it broke me. I thought I could never be loved. I thought I was just an experiment with you. I thought you didn't love me"
"Maxie" El began, she came towards me and took my hand in hers. "Of course I loved you. I still do, I never stopped. I haven't even been with anyone since you."
"Why?"
"Because it was so hard to just even consider being in a relationship with anyone besides you. And believe when I say this, I really really love you"
I didn't have anything to say. El took my other hand in hers and she stood closer to me.
"Do you still love me?" El asked softly
"Of course I do Ellie"
We both slowly began to lean in and soon our lips touched. They still felt the same when we would sneak behind the school to have heated make out sessions during classes. They were soft and she tasted like cherry,  its most likely some lip balm she put in before she got here. My hands were on her waist and hers were on my chest. I slowly backed us up until we fell onto her bed. This all seems just like what happened back when we were fifteen. We pulled away after we couldn't hold our breath anymore and we looked at each other. El smiled at me and I smiled back.
"I'm so sorry Maxie" she said softly
"It's ok"
"No it isn't. I made you feel so terrible I feel very bad"
"Don't, you're hear now, you told me you loved me and that's all I wanted to here, so don't be sorry ok?"
"Ok"
I leaned down and kissed her nose, which she always loved.
"I love you" She said
"I love you"

😶WHO WANTS TO BE MY PLATONIC GF ? I REALIZED THAT I LOVE WRITING ELMAX OMG😶
~Asia👿