Chapter 13: Another Bottle Down

Danny's P.O.V: 1 and a half weeks later

It'd been a week and a half since I'd visited Jade in hospital. The rest of the guys had gone without me, I had just stayed locked away in my room staring at my four walls, drinking and smoking. I was a fucking mess. Every morning was the same, one of the lads would come knocking at my door, asking if I was okay, was I going to come out of my room and then when I told them no I wasn't they would then ask if I needed anything. And just on time the familiar knock hit the door.

"What?!"

I yelled towards the door, I was getting pissed off didn't they get it by now, I wasn't fucking coming out. But I was surprised when Ben's voice answered back.

"Dude, let me in or do you need me to leave so you can finish have a wank"

I chuckled lightly

"No, I'm not having a wank you twat and no I'm not letting you in"

I took a swig of Jack Daniels and then a drag of smoke as Ben replied back

"Danny, I'm being serious now. I'm worried we all are, just talk to me?"

Ben knew out of everyone he was the only one I would really talk to about my problems, I got up and walked to the door unlocking it, and then walking over to the place I was sitting on the floor and sat down again. Stubbing my fag out, he entered the room.

"Thanks"

he smiled at me and sat down in front of me on the floor before asking me that dreaded question

"So? What's wrong? Why are you being like this?"

A thousand reasons ran through my head, but every reason that was there inside my mind, I couldn't tell him. It would cause too much shit and the band and the girls didn't need that right now. So I let the lies pour out of me

"Nothings wrong I just needed some time to myself get my head around some things, write some music. I guess I'm just having a mid life crises" I chuckle to myself and risk making eye contact at Ben. He seems to be buying it.

"Oh fair enough, but why didn't you just tell the other guys then? There worried about you, so is Abby and Sarah. And especially jade"

Hearing Jade's name sent my heart racing, I looked down at the floor feeling guilty for what I have done

"I dunno, just didn't think they would understand. I mean you know what the lads are like, they'd take the piss, and I didn't wanna fucking put up with that shit"

"Hmm, I see your point. Anyways are you going to be okay now?"

Again lies just kept coming out from my mouth

"Yeah I am"

He place his hand on my shoulder

"Good, and are you going to come out of your room and stop drinking?"

"Yes... Yes"

"Good, get the shower then fat man, Jade would love to see you"

My head jolted up and my frown soon turned into a huge grin

"She's home?"

Ben laughed "Yeah"

Before we both knew it I was up and heading to the bathroom, before going in I turned to Ben

"Hey Ben"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks"

"No Problem mate, see ya downstairs"