Chapter 12 - Dedication (FINSHED)

So this chapter is finally finished I hope you guys like it. it is a short and simple one but it also hints at some drama to come. ;)

Ben's P.O.V:

My legs are starting to give up, I feel weak from all the running. Where I was running to I don't know. I just kept running and never looked back. Danny had given up chasing me ages ago. One cause he was a fat fuck and couldn't keep up and two he knew I would need some time getting my head around what Jade had just told me.

I had stopped running by now and had found a wall to sit on. I was in a street that looked familiar but I couldn't quite put one and one together. Tears had started to stream down my face. It was my fault that Jade had gotten beat up. That bitch did this to her because I had made a huge mistake in my life. Interrupting my train of thought a little old woman stops in front of me and smiles down at me. I look up but fail to give the smile back, tears just find there way down my cheek and on to my lap.

"Ben?"

I hear the little old lady call my name in a hushed tone, but wait how does she know me? Surely she doesn't listen to my band? I look up at her through watery eyes, to see her smiling down at me, like she has known me a while.

"What's wrong dear?"

Normally I wouldn't just randomly blurt out my problems to a random person, but she seemed nice enough and somehow knew me. She had sat beside me on the wall and listened patiently as I told her how everything was my fault, after I had finished she just laughed lightly

"Oh Ben, you haven't changed much"

"What? Wait? How do you know me?" she looked down at me confusingly but still continued to smile

"I've known you since you were 10, I'm Mrs Brown or as you knew me Betty"

Suddenly by just hearing her name I knew who she was. She used to live on this street two houses away from this wall, I used to come here all the time when I need to sort my thoughts out, I even wrote some of Asking songs here, Betty used to be my Primary teacher and whenever she saw me out here she would come out with some tea and biscuits, she would help me out with my problems (that's if I wasn't being stubborn)

"Oh Yeah. I remember" I smiled lightly at her

"Well at least all this fame hasn't gone to your head, you still seem like the same Ben I know" she returned the smile

"Hmm, Suppose" I looked down into my lap "But this fame as caused so much pain to the one I think I might love"

I felt my cheeks warm up a little as I said this, I guess it's cause I had never told a girl I loved them (again me being stubborn) but Jade was different. I saw a future with her.

"Sweetie, you're worrying over nothing, Jade is fine, she needs you more than ever right now. Don't run away"

"I'm not running away, I just needed time to get my head round things and don't worry that bitch will pay for what she did." an evil smirk spread itself on my face as a mental picture of her behind bars was afloat in my mind.

"Well you are right what you are thinking she will be doing time for what she has done" she lightly put her hand on my back and smiled "Now this angel of yours, she needs you"

I thought of Jade back at the hospital and how worried and upset she must be, this lead me to feeling guilty over the fact that I must have over reacted to the situation. I stood up, wiped away the remain tears and looked back at Betty

"Your right she does need me, Thanks again for everything"

she waved and hand in my face whilst shaking her head