CHAPTER 14

Oh...shit...

His eyes were narrowed, rigid and cold, his chest heaving with harsh breaths. Layton stood in the doorway, looking like a bull that had just seen a red rag. 

Catherine could feel her face turning white as chalk, her brain stuttering the grasp the situation and potential lake of shit she had gotten herself into. His name bounced around in her skull, never making past her lips, her body yet to catch up. 

She was still laying underneath Lucas, his hand still under her shirt. Only the expertise movement of his fingers had stopped. Their lips were no longer second from touching, his attention now fixed to the door as well. 

"What the fuck is going on here?" Layton growled through grit teeth, pure anger seeping out from his every pore. Catherine had seen him pissed before, but not to this degree. He looked ready to break Lucas's nose. 

"Well hello there, brother." 

Brother!!??

Catherine's eyes zinged from one man to other, everything starting to make sense. It should've already when Lucas mentioned being the owner of the hotel, but no, she had to fall for his spell of seduction. Acute embarrassment washed over her, all desire gone with snap of fingers. 

"You did not answer my question." Layton stalked inside the lounge, his hands clenched in fists by his sides and muscles of his jaw moving with every clench of his teeth. He looked like he was ready to punch the living hell out of Lucas. 

"What does it look like? You have never been good at taking care of your toys, I figured I would do it fr you. I found this one wandering around on streets." Lucas withdrew his hand from underneath her shirt, sitting up with a casual shrug of his shoulders. 

Layton's hawk like gaze whipped towards Catherine, piercing through her like a sword. "I thought I told you not to go anywhere." He glared down at her, disregarding the following comment from Lucas. 

"Aren't you overly protective." The smirking man had returned to sipping his tonic with little care, slight amusement dancing in his pale green eyes upon his brother's wrath. 

"We're going." Layton grabbed Catherine's wrist, pulling her onto her feet with a sharp tug. 

"Ouch! Hey! I am not your-" 

"Keep your mouth shut." His growl left her stunned, giving him the moment to drag her away from the lounge before she could even manage one last glare at Lucas. 

"Like hell I will! Let go of me!" Catherine struggled, digging her toes in the floor just for the man to release her, but it was all in vain. His head remained turned away from her, not a single word voiced, which was even worse than his yelling at her. He pushed her around like a rag doll, his angered expression never leaving his features. 

"I am not your damn puppet! Let me go, you're hurting me!" 

Finally his grip loosened after they had entered their shared suite after the terrific trip through the hotel with people staring and whispering behind their back. Layton hadn't payed any attention to that, nor the woman's intense protests.  

"If you wanted to fuck someone, you could've picked anyone but him." He turned to face her, the vehemence in his eyes leaving her confused. 

"I did not want to fuck anyone! And even if I did, it would be none of our damn concern!" Catherine felt her own anger boiling up. She was no pushover and yet that was how she was treated as. As a 'toy'. 

"I am not your toy or anyone's! What the hell was even that for!? You think because you're rich and I stole your wallet you have some sort of saying over me!? You must be nuts, man." Catherine returned Layton's glare, keeping her stance straight as she observed the man's expression slowly changing from one of anger to something she couldn't quite read. 

"You're wrong, spitfire." 

The next second she found herself being lifted off of the ground. The floor and ceiling spun before she found herself bouncing off of a soft mattress of the bed. 

"You're mine." Layton was now the one towering over her with his mighty built. "I have all the power to keep you here and do as I wish." 

"You fucking pervert, get off of me-" 

Layton's hands reached out, pinning her wrists to the mattress when she tried to push him off of her. He was a great deal stronger and no amount of struggling could get her to escape this situation. She was trapped underneath his bulk. 

His eyes had turned dark, clouded by something she feared to see. This man was dangerous and she had crossed his limits of patience. Now, she was ought to regret it. 

"You're mine." He repeated, his grip tightening to the point of being bone crashing. 

Catherine's whimper was silenced by lips suddenly pressing up against her own. The kiss was demanding and rough, leaving her breathless. His tongue broke past her lips,intruding into her mouth to caress her own. Her eyes widened and muscles tensed.

She had been in this situation before. She knew where it lead, how crippling the result was.Catherine felt the panic begin like a cluster of spark plugs in her abdomen. Tension grew in her face and limbs, her mind replaying the last attack. Her eyes begun to water with the sudden violation. 

She had escaped once and promised herself to never end up in this situation again. Her body acted on his own, her head turning to the side and teeth catching Layton's bottom lip. 

Metallic blood seeped into her mouth before the man was pulling away as sharply as he had came at her. Layton now stared directly into her wide eyes again, his lip split from her bite and eyes wild. There was a familiar heat in them that disappeared on an instant upon seeing her expression. 

Long moment of silence followed with neither moving a muscle before he finally stood back up. His back was once again turned to her, shoulders raising and falling with each breath. 

"Go to sleep. We have a lot of work to do tomorrow." 

It was all he said. It was all he had to say. The door banged shut behind him, leaving Catherine alone in the dark bedroom. She stared up at the ceiling, still tasting fresh blood on her lips. Her form was shaky, panic attack threatening to surge up again. 

There no way she would be falling asleep that night.