CHAPTER 6

"That ASSHOLE!"

"W-wait! Catherine! Don't throw that!" Nick yelled, grabbing onto her arm just as she was about to smash another glass against the nearest wall. Managing to take the brittle item from her iron grip he sighed with relief. A bit too soon.

Smash.

One more glass met with it's inevitable fate.

"He blackmailed me!" Catherine roared, hands clenched in tight fists. Her temper was a wild storm to be endured and now she let it pour down over Nick's head. He could only watch his friend vandalize his kitchen helplessly.

"Please calm down." He tried to speak some sense into her. But it was useless.

"That d*ck! Look what he made me wear!" She motioned to her outfit which consisted of plain white blouse and pencil skirt that reached to just above her knees. When she returned from his office the attire lied on her bed with a note that said: Your style is not suitable for your position. Wear this tomorrow for work.

"I admit it doesn't look like you. But at least you look good." Nick noted, letting his eyes roam her body.

"Stop eye-raping me." Catherine hissed, earning a chuckle from him. "Sorry, sorry. But i'm just glad this didn't end with you six feet under. You know that this is much better than what could've happened."

"I guess so..." She murmured under his breath. It still confused her of why he wanted her as his personal assistant. Of all the people who were ready to kill for the position, he picked a girl that stole his wallet.

"Try to look from the bright side. This job is much better than the one you have and the pay is good. More than good." Nick leaned against the doorframe, crossing his muscular arms over his broad chest as he contemplating the spirited woman. "Besides, isn't this the chance you've been looking for?"

"Why are you always the damn optimist? I don't want to work for him! You do have a point about the money, but I can't drop the feeling that he's plotting something." Catherine grumbled, pacing back and forth. "That man wouldn't hire me otherwise...there is something off about him."

"It's not unusual for men to hire their female workers because of a pretty face."

"Is that supposed to make me feel better!?"

Nick rubbed his temples tiredly. Having to deal with all her tantrums was slowly getting to him. "Then maybe you should make him fire you." He blurt out without thinking.

Catherine stopped her furious pacing. "That's actually a good idea." Her face lit up. If it was a cartoon there would be a light bulb hanging above her head.

"Oh no..." Nick stiffened, realizing what he's done. "That's a very bad idea. Don't-"

"You're genius. I'll make it so he wants to fire me! He made the decision to force me into working for him, so I'll make him regret it!"

"Wait-"

"Thank you, Nick!" Catherine kissed his cheek softly as she walked out from the kitchen, master plan in mind. "See ya later!"

"This is going to end bad..." He murmured under his breath as he watched his friend bolt out of his apartment.

Catherine let her mind wander to all the things she could do to upset her new boss as she made her way to the office. Maybe a little of purgen drug in his morning coffee would do the trick. It for sure would have him glued to the lavatory for a while. But maybe that's a little too harsh. Though his ego could use of some public humiliation.

She marched inside the building with confidence, this time blending in with her surroundings. Well, almost. She was hobbling down the corridors in ten inch heels like a newborn fawn trying to stand for the first time. Catherine constantly found herself repeating the same sentence.