Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Katherine's POV

After our meeting, I needed some inspiration. For what? For everything from my life to my poems to the band to my family to even living in this house anymore. I left a note on the kitchen table saying I was going on a walk, even though it's 10:00 pm . I doubt anyone would see it but I don't want anyone worrying.

I started down the street in my jeans and a blue shirt from Forever 21. A million things came through my head. I was feeling a million emotions all at once.

CLANG!

I looked up from my daze. I saw a girl with blood all over her arms drop a big piece of broken glass. The girl was running towards the cliff and before I could call out, she jumped off.

I couldn't believe it, my youngest sister just jumped off a cliff not on accident. Before she jumped off, I called her name but I was too late. I dashed over to her and ran down the steep hill. A small, limp body was laying inches away from me. My body froze as I saw my sister motionless. I quickly called 9-1-1 and called home 10 times until someone finally picked it up. Wow, it seems like my family is falling apart each day, it used to be an honor to pick up the phone first.

A sleepy Lisa picked up the phone. I told her everything and said I was in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.

The next day

Lisa's POV

We've been in the hospital for the whole night. None of us have spoken much at all. Emily has been sitting in the corner on her computer with headphones in the whole night. Katherine hasn't spoken at all, she is still shaken from Dani nearly killing herself. The doctor told us that she is fine but will have to rest a ton. She evidentially starved herself, I thought she was eating a lot. Then again, I never paid attention to anyone during dinner.

That dream I had was so real. I guess I kind of knew something bad was going to happen with Dani. It hurts to know that Dani nearly died. I'm kind of weirded out by the end of that dream. I woke up to the phone ringing when I was kissing Emily's brother in my dream. It was so strange that I had a dream about a guy I've met once over Skype. There is one good thing I do know, not all guys are douches and I guess I am very judgmental.

Amy's POV

I sat there staring at the empty wall. I've had so much time to think about everything. I have decided that that party I went to last night and got drunk at will be my last. I don't plan on drinking again until I'm 21, even then, I will make sure someone will help me not get addicted. Maybe Dani's accident kind of helped, maybe I noticed I'm doing better than others, better than Emily. That pep talk from Emily really hit me and I still want to sing. I still think my life is a slowly burning, mixed up city though.