Chapter 34 - Madder than ever

HELLO ATTENTION! Ok, the art above is very very important because it was created by Scarlett-Knight on deviant art and I LOVE LOVE LOVE her art! I am in awe with it and I just need to give her credit for it because she deserves the recognition! PLEASE Check her out! Thanks, xoxo 

Website link: https://www.deviantart/scarlett-knight/

~~~

Oh, how lovely it must be dear reader, to see me here again, I ask you once and ask you twice, do you see no end? - Hatter

~~~

Pain. Suffering. Loss. We have endured at least one if not all of these. We thrive, or not, from these emotions. To those who cause it, we either forgive and forget or we seek revenge. If we seek revenge for too long... If we see no end to it... we go mad. That is the case for one... The notorious Mad Hatter. The loss of a loved one... who turns out to be thriving in life, can turn one mad. Not anger... no... This form of mad is the loss of insanity. That grieving for nothing, that sorrow is wasted. The empty hole is filled, filled to the brim with lustrous revenge towards that loved one who you now wish to see in flames... To see dead.

~A month later~

Your screen lights up when a text is received. Picking up the phone you read the initials and hold your breath. 

Oh, how I loved it more when you were mad... - MH

What do you want? - Y/i

Nothing my dear... nothing more than the Queen to return - MH

Leave me alone! - Y/i

No can do my dear... we shall meet soon, however, don't you fret - MH

Your heartbeat heightens and your breathing is elevated. "Y/n?!" John calls you from down the stairs. 

Tick Tock - MH

"What is it, John?" He holds up an opened envelope with a black seal. You snatch it out his hand read the paper.

Dear Mr. Watson,

Congratulations on the wedding... how proud you must be of your dear friend. Have you seen him lately? No? Well ask the Miss Heart- I mean Y/n about that. You may be confused, most ordinary people would be but ask dear Y/n to explain what has become of your dear Sherlock.

- The Maddest Hatter

"John," You drop the letter and he shakes his head. Fear is what you felt... the fear that you had caused this- this problem... This was your fault.

"N-no I want you to explain to me what is going on?!" You wince at his tone and slide down the wall of the stairs.

"I-I'm so sorry... I- I thought he would never find me- I'm sorry John!" Tears rolled down your face as you tried to form sentences. 

"What does he mean by Miss Heart?!" He points at the paper viciously, his face red and boiling. "Y/n! Sherlock is in trouble and this is the only clue! There is no time to waste so tell me-!"

"I'M THE QUEEN OF HEARTS!" You shout. You cover your mouth and move back waiting for John's outburst. 

"No you're not- No no no you're not!" His face read of disbelief, his stuttering read of anger and denial.

"John... I-" You hung your head in your hands.

"You're not!" 

"I am..." John looked like he had just been betrayed... betrayal is what he felt and you? You were done... There was no time for sorrow... pain... Sherlock was in trouble. Your phone pings and a message pops up.

There's a package downstairs for you my dear - MH x

You pass John and reach the bottom. A black package was stationed at the door with a red bow, you lifted it carefully and slowly opened it up. Inside was something you wished to never see again. Red satin lay folded, lace trimmed and a shimmering corset... a note lay on top of the piece alongside a ring... your ring.

Please wear this tonight my dear... no police or your lovers die - MH x

"Lovers?" You rush upstairs pass John who was talking but you had blocked him out. You took out the fabric and lay it down on your couch... it was yours... all of it. It was the queens...

Get ready tick tock! 8 o'clock! Inside the tunnel of love, our first date - MH x

"John," He continues to ramble on about the situation. "John!"

"What?!" 

"If we want Sherlock alive we need a plan-" Ping! Your phone goes off.

Y/n? Where is Moriarty? - SM 

What do you mean? - Y/i

Is he with you? He's not here - SM

"Oh no," 

"Oh no, what?"

"N-nothing-" You sit down and put your head in your palms. "This is what we're going to do,"

~~~

You went over the plan and planned to meet up with Seb outside the grounds. The place was eery and sent shivers down your spine. Rickety fences guarded the place as a toppled over mascot head lay smiling creepily. The wind rushed under your silk train catching leaves in it. A car pulled up and out got Seb. "Y/n?" You rush over and hug Sebastian.

"This is all my fault," You confess.

"No, it's not," You hug until realizing John was standing there looking in confusion. "Whos that?" You cough and step back.

"Seb, this is John, John, this is Seb," They shake hands and look at you curiously. "Oh right... um, we need help and Seb is part of this. Come on, let's deal with this maniac," You awkwardly enter the grounds with the two following behind. You passed rides, memories flooding in.

"To celebrate last night I propose a toast," Hatter holds up his glass and looks down at the three of you. "To us," You hold up your milkshake and toast them together, laughing.

Your mind fades from the memory back to the cold grounds of the amusement park.

"Oh come on!" You grunt and sigh, again you missed the duck with your water gun. Cheshire and Alice laugh as Hatter takes the gun in his hand and shoots three ducks in a row. "Ok now, that's just showing off," You roll your eyes and hold the bear he had won in your hands.

Bits of stuffing roll in the wind as you wind down the path towards the Tunnel of love ride. There was the creaking of a coaster which made you jump. You finally reached the ride and stopped outside. "I need you two to wait out here... I'm going in," John holds you back for a second. 

"Be careful in there, Y/n,"

"Always, Doctor," You give him a hug and then Seb before setting on into the ride.

~~~

OH NO! Well, see you next time!

❤️❤️❤️❤️