Chapter 3 - Start Of Something Promising

Y/N'S POV

"Mikey!!!" I squealed. "What're you doing here!? I thought you were gonna be back for another three months?" "They gave me an early leave. Besides, I missed my little sisters.." He hugged me. I smiled. "Now..who's on this phone!?" He snatched it out of my hand. I gasped & lunged for it. "Michael, give that back!" He pushed me back. "Who is that!?" He barked through the phone. "Hey man! It's me, Michael .... Yeah man .... I went to the navy right after high school .... Yeah yeah, I had to get outta Jersey man.." "Michael Amir Y/Ln, give me my phone back!" I demanded. "Yeah she mad .... Iight man, get my number from Y/n..." He handed me my phone, smiled & walked off. "Urgh.." I sighed, then put the phone up to my ear. "Hello?" "Yeah what's up?" He chuckled. "Don't laugh! He is so annoying!!" I whined a little. He laughed. "He's not that bad.." "How do you even know my brother anyway?" I asked. "He used to talk to my sister.." I paused. "Wait...Angela's your sister?" I gasped. "Oh my God!!" He laughed. "Yeah, they talked for bout a good year or two.." "Oh wow.."

Later on

"Don't you understand that we've been on the phone for almost four hours, talking about nothing??" I giggled. "I enjoyed hearing you talk.." I blushed. "How come you never talked to me until Sunday at the mall?" I asked him. He sighed. "Cause you never noticed me..." "I've always noticed you Daniel. I've always thought you were a little cutie.." I smiled. He chuckled. "But I'm older than you.." "Yeah yeah.." I laughed. "Y/n, come here sweetie.." "In just a second." I yelled back. "Uh, I'll see you tomorrow?" "Yeah, of course." I smiled. "Bye.." "Bye [your first initial]." I hung up. " The One 😊😆😍💋 " I saved his number in my phone under.... Atleast I hope he is the one..

DIGGY'S POV

" My 4LW 😌🙌😁❤️ " I saved Y/n's number as. She always has been & always will be. Together or not, I'll always love her. "DIG!!" I heard a knock on my bedroom door. "It's open.." The door swung open. "Wassup mom?" She chuckled. "I'm gonna run to the store really quick. You want something?" I shook my head. "Nah I'm good, bout to go to sleep anyway.." "At ten o'clock?" She walked over to me & felt my forehead. "Are you okay sweetheart?" I chuckled. "Yeah ma, I'm good. Just turning in a little earlier than usual.." "Okay.." She kissed my forehead. "Goodnight Dig." "Night ma.." She left. I sighed, then forced on my sleep.

The Next Morning

"Goodmorning Dig.." Miley beamed as I walked downstairs. "Morning Miles." I hugged her. "Where's dad?" "Basketball court.." Mama said. I nodded & attended to leave. "You're not gonna eat?" "Nahh, not hungry.." I lied as I grabbed my keys & left. The whole drive to school, I was thinking about Y/n.. All the stuff we talked about last night, just her energy. Once I got to school & walked to my locker, I felt someone run their hands up my back, my neck, then covered my eyes. "Guess who?" I smiled & shrugged. I reached behind me, feeling down her waist & squeezed her ass. "Hey now.." "Would it be wrong if I said it was the girl of my dreams?" She giggled. "Define wrong?" I turned around & held her. "Hey Y/n.." She smiled & wrapped her arms around my neck. "Hi Daniel." I leaned down to kiss her, but I heard Lydia & she pulled Y/n with her. "You act like you ain't gon see him in a few hours. Come on before you made me late to class!!" Y/n looked back at me. I smiled. She smiled back. I turned around & closed my locker. "She couldn't wait two seconds??" I sighed & walked to my World Literature class.

"I saw that Dig!" I turned around. "Saw what?" I laughed & continued walking. "Nigga don't front, I saw you grab Y/n's ass!" Spin laughed. "Aye nigga, you ain't slick!" "Wassup with y'all? My days going great, how's y'all's?" I asked sarcastically. "Mannnn.." Roger shook his head. Then they bell rang. "We discussing this shit at lunch.." He ran off. "I ain't got nothing to say bout that.." "I'm serious Dig!" I shook my head. "Aye you ask her out though?" Spin asked. "No.." I kinda chuckled. "That ain't shit you just come out and say." Then I hit him. "Why'd you give Lydia my number!?" "She said it was argent...why?" He said as we walked in the classroom. "Y/n called me last night.." He laughed. "Nahh, but the real question where the hell she get my number from?" I shrugged, then looked up. "The day I'm late, Mr. Dickson's late.." We chuckled. "Lucky ass.."

At Lunch

I walked in the cafeteria & the first person I saw was Y/n. She turned around & smiled at me. I winked at her & walked over to my table. Roger opened his mouth to talk. "Don't wanna hear it.." I stopped him. He sighed. "You gon ask her out though? Cause if you don't...." He laughed. "Fuck off!" I barked. "You miss me?" Someone whispered in my ear. I turned around & laughed. "No.." I lied. She pouted & sat beside me. "You didn't??" "You miss me?" She nodded as she looked down. I licked my lips and smiled. I lifted her chin & slowed pulled her into a kiss. The guys were hooting, cheering & shit. But we didn't stop...we made out for a good minute & pulled away. "Wow.." Y/n held her chest. I smiled & pecked her lips one last time before Lydia walked up. "Really Y/n? You leave me for him?" She folded her arms, but she had a smile on her face. "Join us.." Spin scooted over, making room. She rolled her arms & sat down. "So do you guys go out now?" "It was just a kiss.." We laughed. "Okayyy.." She & Spin gave each other a look. I shrugged, then I saw Y/n take a bite of my Chicken Spaghetti. I chuckled.

After lunch, I walked Y/n to class. I really do wanna ask her out, I just don't know how to.. I've like her since the forth grade, I get really nervous around her. How in the hell am I gonna ask her out? "Aye Dig.. lemme see yo phone real quick." Spin asked. I was too depth into thought to really care why he needed my phone, I just reached in my pocket and handed it to him. "Yeah.." "Iight...thanks man.." He gave it back. I nodded & continued to look out the window. "Mr. Simmons, are you paying attention?" I snapped out of it. "Huh? Uh no, sorry.." "That's not like you.." "Sorry, it won't happen again.." Then my phone vibrated. " When ? " Then text read. "What!?" I murmured to myself. I looked in my messages & sighed. Spin texted Y/n asking her to go out with me, as me. I sighed again & replied. " This weekend maybe? " " Okay ;) " I smiled. Hopefully I don't make a fool of myself in front of her.