Chapter 12

Rhea's POV

Jas tucked me behind him and Ryan maintaining contact the whole time. I knew whatever was coming was not going to be good. We stood in a line protecting Bella and me from the danger to come.

Off in the distance, the fog rolled in followed by three vampires. I looked in their deep crimson eyes before keeping my gaze on Jas.

"I believe this belongs to you," The middle one spoke holding up the baseball.

In a flash, the ball was thrown and Carlisle caught it before he said, "Thank you."

"I'm Laurent, and this is Victoria, and James," he said pointing the vampires on either side.

"I'm Carlisle and this is my family."

"Hello."

"I'm afraid your hunting activities have caused something of a mess for us."

"Our apologies. We didn't realize the territory had been claimed."

"Yes, well, we maintain a permanent residence nearby."

The middle vampire seemed surprised, "Really?! Well, we won't be a problem anymore. We were just passing through."

"The human's were tracking us but we led them East. You should be safe," the girl, Victoria, said.

"Excellent," Carlisle said.

"So, could you use three more players?" Laurent asked. "Oh, come on, just one game?"

"Sure, why not? A few of us were leaving. You could take their place. We'll bat first." Carlisle threw the ball at them but Victoria caught it.

"I'm the one with the wicked curveball," she said.

"Oh, well, I think we can handle that," Ryan said defusing some of the pent up tension.

"Ooohhh!" Laurent called and we all turned to our respective sides.

"We shall see," Victoria said.

Jasper protectively held me to his side as we walked towards the car. A small gust of wind brushed across my neck. I stiffened waiting for one of them to attack. Jas seemed to have noticed this and brought me closer to his side. We kept walking to the car and I almost tripped twice.

"You brought a snack," I heard James snarl and Jas vamp sped me to the jeep. Once the world stopped spinning I saw the others crouching in front of Bella and Ryan flashed over to us and stood in front of me.

"The girl is with us," Carlisle said. "I think it best if you leave."

"I can see the game is over. We'll go now. James!" Laurent scolded while moving away from the Cullens. The three of them got up from their crouched positions and walked back into the tree line.

"Get Bella out of here," Carlisle commanded. Jas opened the door and helped me strap in before flashing to the other side. Edward flashed Bella to the car before helping her in. As he tried to help her with the seatbelt she swatted his hands away. Edward flashed to the driver's seat and drove off.

"What? Now, he's coming after me?" Bella asked looking at Edward.

Edward didn't answer her. He just focused on the rough terrain. He didn't say anything for a bit and that scared me. Thankfully he spoke but it was nothing good. Apparently, James is a tracker, whatever that means, and he's hunting Bella. Bella demanded that we go home, so we did.

"Edward, I said leave me alone!" Bella yelled as we walked in our front door.

"Bella, don't do this," Edward said almost sounding rehearsed.

"It's over get out!" She slammed the front door before running upstairs to her room.

Dad got up from the couch and called out to Bella, "Hey, hey, hey, Bella!"

"Dad, don't," I said stopping him on the stairs.

"What happened?"

"I don't know. One minute we were having fun and the next she got angry. Raving about going home. Dad... I don't think she meant here."

Bella came down the stairs, two bags in hand, "Rhea, let's go."

"Girls, come on. I just got you back," Dad said dejected.

"Yeah, and you know if I don't get out now, I'm just gonna be stuck here, just like Mom," Bella said jerking open the front door and storming out.

"Dad... I'm so... I'm gonna go with her just so she doesn't kill herself," I wrapped my arms around his stunned figure. Thankfully I felt him wrap his arm around me. "I love you," I whispered, "I'm gonna come back."

He let me go and I walked out to the rusty truck. I got in the truck and glared holes through her head. "Bella, how could you say that to Dad? Do you know what mom leaving did to Dad? He was devastated and it didn't help that Mom took you."

"I had to. It was the only way he wouldn't follow us," Bella tried to explain but I interrupted her once more.

"No, Bella. You could have handled that differently."

Edward got in the driver's seat squishing Bella and me together. Edward tried reassuring Bella. I proceeded to yell at him in my mind. He gave me a side eye that I know Jas would attack him for before looking back at the road. A loud bang made me jump and I looked in the truck bed. Edward explained that it was just Emmett and that Alice was in the car behind us. He drove us to his house and Jas was waiting impatiently on the front porch. Before I could move a muscle Jas had the door open and I was in his arms.