Chapter 5

Rhea's POV

About two weeks later, I woke up alone. I rested my hand on the bedsheets and they still felt warm so I knew that Jas had woken up not too long ago. I grabbed Jas's dress shirt from the floor and put it on before following a delicious smell to the kitchen. I leaned against the island and watched him work. When he turned around he seemed surprised to see me awake.

"Morning," I said.

He moved away from the stove and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Good morning my beautiful wife," Jas said, giving me a quick kiss on the lips. He loved saying that; told me every morning. He moved away to finish cooking and I took a seat at the island. Jas plated up some eggs, bacon, and toast with strawberry jam. He also got two glasses of orange juice and set them in front of me.

Over the first week, we spent time with our families. Dad's never taken a vacation so he thought he would take advantage of the time away. I think he needed a few days away from all the drama that seemed to follow Bella. I knew that the past year has been really hard on him. Bella falling into a depression and cutting everyone out, my depression spell, and when Edward returned Bella dropped everything to be with him again. Stress like that takes an emotional toll and now with the weddings... Let's just say that Dad deserves this break.

We spent days touring the nearby towns with our families and nights at the house. And no, we didn't have sex every night. Most nights were spent along the ocean, planning our future. One night we walked about children. Before he was turned, he told me that he wanted to fill a house with children. After his experience with Maria, he told me that he gave up on ever having a family. I admit I would like to have a family with Jas but we don't even know if it's possible with his change in vampiric DNA; it was still fun to dream. Neither of us wanted to get our hopes up in case nothing happened.

It wasn't until a few days later that we got a disturbing call. Bella and Edward had returned to Forks with Earth-shattering news, news that we could only hear in person. Jas told Carlisle that we would pack up and leave the island tomorrow.

"Why do we have to go?" I complained. I was sitting on the master bed with Jas flitting around the room, packing all of our stuff.

"Carlisle said that it was important," Jas explained, placing our clothes in their suitcases.

"I still don't get why that should matter to us. Let them clean up their own mess for once."

Jas let out a soft sigh. I knew that this was conflicting for him. On one hand, he had his family, people who took him in during a dark point in his life. And on the other hand, one of his family members was the cause of great suffering between us. "Let's just go see what Carlisle has to tell us and if you still don't want to help then we will come back and pick up where we left off, deal?"

I was about to agree when a devious idea came to mind. "I don't know, you might have to convince me." I gave him my best seductive look and his eyes darkened. In seconds all of the neatly packed clothes were strewn on the floor and his lips were on mine. Needless to say, we were very busy for the rest of the night.

The following morning, we left our sanctuary and headed across the river and to the nearest airport. The plane ride back took less time because we didn't have to waste time waiting for wedding decorations to arrive before us. We landed at the Seattle airport close to midnight and saw that a black car was waiting for us. Jas loaded our luggage in the trunk of the car while I got in the back seat.

"Hey," I said solemnly to Emmett.

"Hey, how was your honeymoon?" Emmett asked, his tone was somber instead of the usual playful tone.

"It was great... until we got a call from Carlisle."

Jas got in next to me and Emmett took off towards Forks. I rested my head against Jas's shoulder and closed my eyes. Sleep took over my body as I allowed myself to relax in my husband's loving embrace.

Jasper's POV

Rhea rested her head against my shoulder and I wrapped my arm around her waist, bringing her closer to me. Her breaths evened out and she fell into a deep sleep. When I knew that she was comfortable I finally looked at Emmett.

"What happened now?" I asked.

Emmett looked at me through the rearview mirror and let out a sigh. "It's better if Carlisle explains it."

"Let me guess. Bella and Edward did something stupid and we have to clean it up again."

"Not exactly."

"Then what is it?"

"Please just let Carlisle explain. He's better at this stuff than I am. Just... It's not good. Honestly, if it wasn't dire that you both come home, Rosalie and I would've joined you on the island."

I stayed silent after that. I knew that it took a lot for Rosalie and Emmett to decide to leave Carlisle and Esme. Ever since their rebirth, Rosalie and Emmett have only left for a few months at a time, mainly whenever they want alone time, and they've never left when the family's been in trouble.

We reached the house fairly quickly. Emmett offered to take our bags to my room and I accepted. I did my best to pick Rhea up without waking her. She opened her eyes but I just shushed her back to sleep and carried her upstairs. Carlisle met us at the door but when he saw Rhea asleep he held the door open and ushered us upstairs. I laid Rhea in my bed, smiling softly as she snuggled with my pillow. Emmett dropped the bags off before quietly leaving the room. Once I was sure Rhea wasn't going to take up, I softly closed the door and walked downstairs.

"Care to tell me why I had to cut my honeymoon short?" I asked, leaving no room for pleasantries.

"Go ahead, tell him," Rosalie said, snark full force in her voice. From across the room, I could feel the fury she was projecting.

"There was an accident," Edward started explaining.

"What kind of accident?" I asked.

"I was taking Bella hunting and she crossed the border. Thankfully nothing happened but one of the younger wolves picked up the scent. I got her back over but not before Sam and Jake caught her on their side. I tried to talk them down but they wouldn't listen. I need you and Rhea to talk the wolves down so they won't kill Bella."

"Are you serious?" I asked, my anger intensifying. "You pulled us from our honeymoon so we could solve your problem. Unbelievable."

"Jasper," Carlisle spoke, "the wolves are threatening to end the treaty if we don't leave by the end of the week. All of us."

"Why was Bella even hunting in that part of the forest? I thought the two of them were going to stay in Alaska until she adjusted."

"We were and I had everything under control," Bella said.

"Obviously not," a melodic voice echoed behind me. I flashed over to my wife and wrapped my arm around her waist.

"You should be asleep," I muttered.

"I can't sleep without you. Now, what's going on?" Rhea asked.