Chapter 3

Rhea's POV

Thankfully the bell rang interrupting our conversation. Next stop was history class. I walked into the classroom and gave the teacher my slip. He told me to partner with Mr. Hale and Ms. Cullen. He called out for them to raise their hands and I saw Alice and Jasper raise their hands.

"Fancy seeing you here," Jasper teased his southern charm sneaking out.

"Good afternoon class. Today we are going to assign the group projects-and no you will not pick your partners. Your partners are sitting next to you. You will pick a point in history and you and your partners will write a paper on the topic. The rules and guidelines are in this packet. You have three weeks starting now," The teacher said handing out the packets.

The teacher walked up to us and I picked out the civil war as our topic. Jasper seemed to perk up as I read it to them. We agreed to meet up after school tomorrow to start doing some of the in-depth research.

The rest of the day flew by. Classes were boring, no surprise there. I waited outside of the truck for Bella to drive us home. She came out with an angry face on. I asked her what was wrong but she blew me off. Instead of going home Bella pulled into the local diner. Dad joined us a few minutes later and ordered a steak, medium. Bella ordered a garden burger and I ordered a cheeseburger. We had a light conversation as we waited for the food to be done. It was mostly me talking about my day. Bella pitched in a few times but not like when it was her and mom.

"I just can't get over how grown up you are... and so gorgeous," our waitress, Katie, said to Bella handing us our food.

Dad's good friend Waylon came over and tried to get Bella to remember that he played Santa, Butt-crack Santa. Dad tried to play off Bella not remembering and Katie got Waylon to let us eat in peace. Once we were done, Dad paid the check and Bella drove her and I home. She went to her room and I went to mine. Before I closed my door I could hear her calling mom.

*Time Skip to the next day after school*

"Hey, Alice," I said walking over to her very sleek red convertible.

"Hey, are you ready to go?" She asked putting her bag in the back. "Oh-do you mind riding in the back? I came with Rosalie."

"Not at all." I got in the back seat and put on my seatbelt.

Rosalie came out of the building a few minutes later with Emmett following her like a lost puppy. It was kind of cute. I looked around the parking lot and my gaze settled on Bella. She was giving me a glare icy enough to freeze the sun. I shuffled around in my seat trying to avoid her glare. Rosalie got in the passenger seat and Alice sped off with the boys following close behind us. She left the edge of town and into the forest up what appeared to be a mountain. She quickly pulled into their garage so I didn't get a good look at the outside but the inside was stunning. The walls were a soft white with a few wooden accents on the walls.

Rosalie quickly left us and dragged Emmett upstairs and Alice led me to the living room. Jasper walking in the room not too long after us. I sat down on one of the couches and Jasper followed suit sitting next to me. Alice offered to get some reading materials as Jasper gave me the grand tour.

*Two hours later*

Alice, Jasper and I got a good chunk of the research done. After I reread the instructions once more we had to do a creative spin on the project and we had no idea what we were going to do for that.

"This is so boring," I whined flopping back on the couch.

"Well, we have three weeks so why don't we stop for the night," Alice offered standing up.

"I love that idea. Can one of you drop me off at home?" I asked standing up to stretch my sore muscles.

"Sure..." Alice drifted off getting a blank look in her eyes.

"Alice? Are you ok?" I asked touching her shoulders.

"Hmm... oh yeah, I'm fine."

"Why don't you go get some rest and Jasper can drop me off at home?" I suggested looking back at Jasper to make sure it was okay with him.

He nodded before standing up and grabbing his car keys. It was a silent drive home. I gave Jasper a small wave when I got to the front door. I watched as he drove back towards his house. I went passed Dad and Bella up to my room. After changing into my pj's I fell asleep dreaming I was a southern belle.