Chapter 6

Rhea's POV

The following morning I got up and dressed and headed to school. Much to my surprise, Bella decided to join us today for lunch. It was an awkward lunch, to say the least. Mike and Tyler were poorly flirting with Bella and Jessica was whining the whole time. Those were the days where I missed them the most.

After school Bella started driving towards La Push. She kept driving all the way to Jake's house. She then proceeded to ditch me and I walked towards the beach. A group of boys were roughhousing further up the beach once I got there. I did my best to stay away from them but fate has a funny way of making things work.

A ball came flying at my head and thankfully I ducked just in time. A tall, tan, muscular boy ran over to me and asked, "Are you okay?"

I looked up at him to find, "Embry?"

"Oh... hey Rhea. What are you doing on the rez?"

"Bella dragged me here. New friends?"

"Something like that."

"Well, then I won't keep ya." I bent down to pick up the ball and handed it back to him before turning right around and walking away.

"Hey! Wait! Why don't you hand out with us?"

I turned around and looked at the group of boys. All of them were muscular and gave off a bad vibe. "Maybe another time," I said continuing my journey back to Jake's house.

When I got back Bella was still in the garage. I let them be and walked into Billy's house. We sat and talked for an hour or so before I heard Bella's truck come to life. I gave Billy a small hug and walked outside and got into the truck. It was a short drive back but a tense one.

From then on Bella was always at Jake's. They were working on some super-secret project. I didn't ask and she never told me. Not that I expected her to seeing as we haven't spoken since our fight. I would always go down to the beach and finish my homework. If it was raining I would visit with Billy and catch up on some much-needed sleep.

That's all I seemed to be doing, sleeping. Every night I would have nightmares, always the same one. I was in a meadow, much like the dream where I was told I would be a mom, and the children walked out, Jasper trailing behind them. We would meet in the middle and as I go to touch their cheeks, they disintegrate. Jasper calls me a freak and a monster before he walks away from me.

"I can't sleep," I told Blue Eyes. "Every time I dream... all I see is Jasper walking away from me."

"Is it the same dream every time?" Blue Eyes asked.

"The words are different but yeah."

"Rhea, if you're willing... I can send you a prescription for a sleep aid. It's not addictive but it might help you rest without dreaming."

"I would like that... Does it ever stop hurting? I expected it to hurt, in the beginning, but why does it still hurt?"

"Oh, Queenie... Breakups' are always going to be hard and they are always going to hurt. The important thing is to rely on others when we hurt to remind us that we are not alone. Rhea, you are not alone. Jay and I are always going to be here for you and so is your father. Promise me that you aren't going to forget that."

I looked into the screen and gave him a small smile. "I promise."

We chatted for a few minutes before his next appointment. I ended the video chat and crawled back into bed. I pulled out a civil war book that Jasper left behind and I flung it into my closet. I took out the Dracula book and did the same thing.

I was looking for my next book to throw when my ancestor's journal caught my eye. I picked it up and it was bookmarked to the last page Jasper read.

Dear Diary,

Today I met with the Chief of the Quileute tribe. He told me of a great secret they carried. They were the protectors of Forks and La Push Reservation. I asked him how he carried such a burden. He told me that he didn't do it alone. He had an imprint. I then asked him what an imprint was. He told me it was a soulmate, forever destined two souls are intertwined together, forever.

Imprint. Soulmate. Jasper mentioned it before; that we were soul mates. But can you leave your soul mate? I knew just the person to ask. Climbing back out of bed I walked into my closet, picked up the thrown books, and got dressed. I threw on a pair of black leggings, a red spaghetti top, and a black sweater, shawl, thing. I grabbed a pair of black heeled boots and walked downstairs. I told Dad that I was going to visit Billy and he let me go. I drove off before Bella could get in the car, journal still in my hands.

I pulled into the familiar driveway and parked the car

I pulled into the familiar driveway and parked the car. The front door opened and out rolled Billy. "Jake can't have any visitors," Billy said.

"I'm here to talk to you. It's about vampires," I said.

Billy moved out of the way and together we went back inside. "How much do you know?"

"I know the Cullens are vampires. I know that my ancestor knows the tribal secret and I know what an imprint is. I'm just confused."

"About what?"

"I don't need to know what the tribal secret is, I'm just confused about imprints. Are they really like soulmates? Can a person ever leave their soulmate and never look back?"

"Why are you so curious?"

"Jasper... he... um, he said that we were soulmates but I haven't seen him in months. I just don't get it."

"You should talk with Sam Uley. He can answer your question better than I can."

"Thank you, Billy."

Billy handed me a piece of paper with an address on it. I used the GPS on my phone to locate the house. Thankfully it was just down the road a ways. I parked the car for the second time and slowly walked up to the front door and knocked.