Chapter 1

Rhea's POV

It had been a few weeks since the family voted for Bella to become a vampire. She hasn't spoken to me since. Not that I minded, I enjoyed the peace and quiet. I was sitting at home with Dad waiting for Bella to arrive. She had been grounded ever since she came back from Italy with Edward following her around like a lost puppy. Thankfully Dad hadn't grounded me and he still allowed me to check in on Jasper.

Speaking of Jasper, we had slowly worked our way back to each other. Once Jasper accepted that he had changed he started sneaking back over at night. This time, however, he actually slept. It turns out my blood changed what kind of vampire he is. Now he is considered a Night Walker. Typically they need a special ring to walk in the daylight but Jasper retained some of his Cold One abilities like his empath ability.

"Four o'clock on the dot," Dad said looking up from his newspaper to check the time. "That kid trying to brown-nose me now or something?"

"He has a name. Now he's to punctual for you?" Bella asked with a hint of snark.

Clearly I was the only one who caught it because Dad just continued with his 'you know why I'm doing this' speech. Personally, I would have sent Bella back to Jacksonville without asking her. Make her Renee's problem. But my feelings have become invalid if they are against Bella. I calmly walked up to my room before Dad could drag me into his conversation.

The next morning I got up and did my morning routine as usual. Jasper would come over and I would make us breakfast. If Dad was still around I would make some for him too. I was eternally grateful that Dad still liked Jasper. It helped that Jasper was kidnapped and didn't leave intentionally.

Jasper and I were walking from our shared History class to the lunchroom when we ran into Rose and Emmett. The four of us walked through the lunch line despite only two of us that are capable to digest food. We looked across the lunchroom to find Bella and Edward joined at the hip, not that unusual, and Alice and Ryan walking over to their table.

"Alice has decided to throw a graduation party," Rose said.

"Count me out," I said.

"If I have to suffer through it so do you."

I gave Rose my best-uninterested look only to find her giving me very cute puppy dog eyes. I groaned before giving in. Rose gave me a megawatt smile and I just shook my head. Soon enough we were back in class listening to teachers drone on and on about a very boring subject that I will most likely never use again.

Jasper and I were waiting outside the Police station when Bella and Edward showed up. They began talking about some Vision Alice had during lunch. It didn't particularly interest me so I didn't pay that close of attention.

"Hey," Bella said to Dad.

"Hey," he said in return.

I rolled my eyes at their awkwardness and gave him a hug. "You ready for dinner?" I asked.

"Yeah, It is still just the three of us right?" Dad asked giving Edward a side-eye.

"Yeah, the boys were just dropping us off," I said. Jasper gave me a quick peck on the cheek before getting in his car and driving off. Emmett and Ryan promised to take him hunting tonight and he was getting antsy.

"Bella, my parents wanted to remind you about the airline ticket you got for your birthday," Edward said.

"What airline ticket?" Dad asked.

"A round trip ticket to see Mom in Florida," Bella answered.

"That was generous."

"It expires soon, so you might want to use it this weekend," Edward said drawing the conversation back to one of the reasons he brought it up.

"Well, I can't just drop everything and go," Bella said.

"Sure you can," I interrupted. "I mean you just dropped and went to Italy without any notice this should be nothing. I'm gonna wait in the car." I gave Dad a quick kiss on the cheek before getting in the front seat of the cruiser.

Dinner was awkward. Bella was mad at me for my comment, Dad was mad that Edward was joining Bella in Florida, and I was smirking the entire time. I found the whole situation absolutely hilarious. Both Dad and I noticed an unhealthy change in Bella since Edward came into her life and she is completely oblivious. When someone points it out she goes mental; denying that anything has changed, that she isn't different, it's truly comical.

It was finally the weekend. Bella was gone, Dad was working, and I had the house to myself. Jasper came over to keep my company. He explained that they would have to go Victoria hunting later that night. I just told him to be safe. Dad came back safe and sound and we ordered Pizza. He watched some sports game and I read more of my ancestor's journal to see if there was an explanation as to why my blood changed Jasper.

Monday rolled around and Bella was back. Yay!! Extra-heavy dose of sarcasm. As usual, Jasper came and picked me up and drove us to school. Jacob was waiting by his motorcycle drawing a lot of attention. Bella and Edward walked over to him but I continued on inside with Rose. School ended and Bella was still missing. I called Dad so he wouldn't worry but he still freaked out. Not that I blame him Bella's known for leaving without a care. For dinner, I managed to actually make an edible meal. We expected Bella to be home but she wasn't back so we ate without her. I put the leftovers in the fridge after separating some for lunch tomorrow.

I went up to my room and started my homework. I heard the TV playing downstairs and I knew Dad would be asleep before he even knew it. I had turned on my speaker and selected my homework playlist before cracking down on an English paper. I felt like someone was watching me. It felt cold and feral. I turned around to scam my room but nothing appeared to be out of the ordinary.

I heard the front door open and close and I knew Bella had finally come home. "You know, Edward could at least respect meal times," I heard Dad say.

"I was just with Jake," Bella said.

"Oh. Good."

I scoffed before loudly shutting my door. I turned my playlist back on but this time the volume was louder. Not enough to disturb the neighbors but enough to make it clear to my family that I was annoyed. My window opened and Jasper came crawling through.

"Long time no see," I teased.

He sat down on the edge of my bed and I sat on his lap, my legs straddling him. His lips met mine and fireworks exploded behind my closed eyelids. My hands settled at the base of his neck and his settled at my waist. We spent what felt like hours kissing each other, taking little breaks so I could catch my breath.

"Edward's here," Jasper whispered.

I groaned and pulled back. "Why does he have to be here?" I muttered knowing that Edward could hear me.

"Come on darlin'. Something's wrong."