Chapter Twenty-One

"Crikey mate, that was quite the show you put on." Lagoona said as she walked towards the table. She gave Amara a glass of water and rubbed her back.

"I've never stood up to someone like that. . ." Amara admitted as she drank the water. She sighed and looked up at Lagoona.

Lagoona smiled and hugged Amara. "It's great to have you back, the real you." she told the ghoul. She pulled away from the hug and held her hands. She glanced over at Clawd who was smiling happily at Amara. "I think someone else is also happy to see the real you back." she added, giving a small wink.

Clawd blushed and chuckled softly. He watched Lagoona back away and he fully turned his body to face Amara. He scratched the back of his neck and gave her a nervous smile. "So. . . I never really knew you felt that way. Why didn't you say anything? Not even to anyone, really?" he asked her.

Amara frowned and sighed. "Because you were dating Draculaura and I didn't want to hurt you or her." she explained. She looked down at the table in sadness. She felt Clawd cup her chin and gently made her look up at him. She blushed as their eyes met. 
"That's not all, is it?" he asked.
"Well. . . I also lied, when I saw you and Draculaura together during lunch weeks ago, I freaked and told the ghouls I liked Romulus. . . Then Clawdeen told me to stay away." she continued. 

"Speaking of Clawdeen. . ." Clawd spoke up.

~•~

"Clawdeen!"

The werewolf fashionista turned to the calling of her name, placing her brush in her locker. She saw her ghoul friends along with Deuce, Gil, Amara and Clawd all giving her horrible looks. "Um. . . Hey you guys?" she said softly and worriedly.

Cleo walked forward and pointed her finger in Clawdeen's face. "You have some serious explaining to do, ghoul." she told her. 

"Yeah, like how you teamed up with Valentine to toy with Amara's emotion, mate." Lagoona butted in, crossing her arms. She too had a face of anger and disappointment. 

Clawdeen gulped and sighed. She looked over at Amara who had her arms around Clawd and clung to him as if her undead life had depended on it. She felt her insides swell up with furious anger upon seeing the two so close together. 
Clawd stepped in front of Amara, blocking his younger sister's view of her. "You heard you friends Clawdeen." he told Clawdeen.

"I-. . ." the werewolf started. She stopped and sighed, looking down. She frowned softly. "I'm sorry. . . When I saw Amara getting so close to Clawd and Romulus, I just could feel my fur rising. I was worried Amara would hurt Clawd or Romulus." she explained.
She looked up and saw her friends still rather angry and unhappy with her answers.
"Then Toralei came by and told me about Valentine. That's when we teamed up, I had him meet up with her outside of school." she continued. 

"Wait, Toralei? She got mixed up into this? Oh I swear when I get my bandages on that kitty--!"

Deuce gently placed his hands on Cleo's shoulders as to calm her down. He pulled her back softly and hugged her. "Hey, we'll talk to her later. Clawdeen's the focus here." he reassured her. 
Cleo took a deep breath and sighed. She rubbed Deuce's hands. "Thanks Deuce." 

Clawdeen frowned. "Listen, I'm-I'm sorry. I just don't know what came over me. I was just so angry that my friends were mixing up with my family again." she apologized, frowning. 
She looked over at Amara who was now peeking behind Clawd. She sighed again. "I'm really sorry for all I've done to you, I know it was wrong and yet I still went with it. If there's anything I can to make up for it, I'll make sure I can do it." 

Amara sighed. "Perhaps later, I really just need to time to think all this through." she replied, soon regretting it after as she watched the werewolf deflate with sorrow.

Clawd looked down at Amara. "Hey, let's get a drink, you're turning pale." he suggested. When Amara nodded, he turned to the others. "We'll be at the cafe if any of you need us."

Lagoona waved the two goodbye. "No worries luvs, you go on ahead. We'll see what to do about Clawdeen and Toralei."