Chapter Five

The next day, Amara walked to school with Deuce and when they entered the schoolyard, Deuce bolted off to a few of his friends.
Amara didn't mind, she was capable of walking through Monster High by herself.
"Dude, that's the new ghoul! Ain't she just smoking hot!" Heath chuckled as he nudged his friend in the chest with his elbow. His hair set fire as Amara walked by.
Amara, even though she was ten feet away, could feel the heat radiating off Heath. She felt his stare burn into the side of her head, making her feel. . . Uncomfortable, one could say.
Lagoona walked over to Amara and began walking beside her. "Hey, new ghoul. How was your first day, mate?" she asked.
"It was fine, I guess. I met you and a few other ghouls such as Clawdeen and Cleo. . . And that's about it. I did meet Heath and Clawd too." Amara replied.
Lagoona glanced at Heath and rolled her eyes. "Is he staring? Ignore him, he's a player. He'll find another girl to check out." she scoffed and crossed her arms. She looked at Amara and smiled. "Hey, you know mate, you could sit with me and Clawdeen during lunch. We could introduce you to some of our ghoul friends!"
Amara looked at Lagoona. "You're inviting me to sit with you at lunch?" she asked.
The sea monster nodded. "Of course, love!" she replied. "And then there's the Casketball game after school, Gil and I are planning on going. Perhaps you could tag along as well."
"Gil?" Amara questioned, confused.
"Oh! That'd be me boyfriend, lad. Gil's amazing and you're gonna be glad you met him!" Lagoona answered.
The two of them entered the school and began to walk towards their locker. "So, whaddya say? Will ya join?" Lagoona asked.
Amara nodded. "I don't see why I can't."
Lagoona nodded and smiled. "Creeperific! Just wait at the creepateria doors for me and my ghoul friends!"
The sea monster walked off when a mermaid ghost had waved to her. She gave a small wave. "Remember, wait at the creepateria doors!"
Amara nodded and hugged her books tighter. A warm feeling arose in her chest.

Happiness.
She's making friends so easily.

⊱ ────── {.⋅.✯.⋅.} ────── ⊰

After third period, Amara grabbed her books and rushed out the door. The main reason was to get to her locker and then to the creepateria as fast as she could. The second reason was to get away from Heath, who still refused to stop flirting with any girl he laid eyes on.
She stored her books in her locker and nearly forgot to lock it since she was that excited to meet Lagoona outside the creepateria. Amara turned around and had to hold back on skipping her way down the hall.
At her many old schools, Amara had troubles making friends. Other monsters shot her dirty looks and always tricked her, from pretending to be her friend to framing her for many rule-breaking scandals.
Amara made it to the creepateria doors and looked around for Lagoona. She spotted the blue-skinned monster easily and immediately headed over to her.
"Hey there, love. Ready to meet my ghoul friends?" Lagoona asked, smiling.
Amara took a deep breath and smiled back.
"Yeah. Let's go Lagoona."

————•————

Hello! After months of not updating this, I finally have! Horray! My writing style has changed between December and April but I hope that isn't a huge problem for you. I'll try to keep this book going until a minimum of twenty chapters but if you guys as the readers want more, I'll continue the story and/or make a sequel. Or maybe just an entirely different MH story.